Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring, home of Refresh Journal for a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions! I'm so glad you stopped by to check out my new Journal and to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition. You're welcome to sign up for your personal copy of Refresh Journal which contains the my #JournalChat Favorited from #JournalChat Links Edition and the essential #JournalChat Choice of the month, which determines our topic for #JournalChat Live on the First Sunday** of each month at 4 EST/1 PST for all things journaling on Twitter. (**If the First Sunday coincides with a holiday, I will create an alternate date for the Twitter chat or I will post details that the discussion will take place on our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group.)

Also included each month are refreshing tips for your home, work, kids and yourself, plus music, The Artist column and other goodies.

Please feel free to leave a comment about what you love in Refresh Journal. Or send me a tip or answer to a question that I may showcase in a future issue!


Thanks for your interest and for subscribing!

Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

JournalWriter Freelance

Host of #JournalChat Live and Links Edition on Twitter

Friday, February 17, 2012

#JournalChat Live 2/16/12 Topic: Your Journaling: A Mind Centered Part I


@DawnHerring In some cases, yes-however, if I have a lot of personal issues weighing on my mind, I find it difficult to work... #journalchat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:22pm via HootSuite
I loved what you say, Jenn, in your post: Words encompass who I am, what I do, and how I live. Can you share more? #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:22pm via HootSuite
I loved what you say, Jenn, in your post: Words encompass who I am, what I do, and how I live. Can you share more? #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:21pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Yes, the free writing does feel different. That's the mind-dump you refer to that's so helpful in Centering. #JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:21pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Yes, the free writing does feel different. That's the mind-dump you refer to that's so helpful in Centering. #JournalChat
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:21pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat The ISBN on the one I'm using now is 978-1-57133-476-3 #journalchat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:19pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf I'll have to check B&N's website or store and see what I can find. Thanks for sharing about that. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:19pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf I'll have to check B&N's website or store and see what I can find. Thanks for sharing about that. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:18pm via HootSuite
It's so beneficial to be able to record our successes, whether writing or anything else, in our journals to summarize the day. #JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:18pm via HootSuite
It's so beneficial to be able to record our successes, whether writing or anything else, in our journals to summarize the day. #JournalChat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:17pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Yes, #Journaling is the perfect practice to record those idea snippets to see where we can take them. #JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:17pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Yes, #Journaling is the perfect practice to record those idea snippets to see where we can take them. #JournalChat
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:17pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat I like the coil bound journals (9x13?) found at Barnes & Noble - the covers are sturdy & there are a lot of pages. #journalchat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:17pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Oh, I completely understand that; especially when you're in the flow of it. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:17pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Oh, I completely understand that; especially when you're in the flow of it. #Journaling#JournalChat
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:16pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat Yes, I agree with that - it's allowed me to explore new ideas, too, that are too fragmented to draft out yet. #journalchat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:15pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf What size journal are Large for you? I'm writing in a larger size for the first time right now.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:15pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf What size journal are Large for you? I'm writing in a larger size for the first time right now.#JournalChat #Journaling
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:15pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat Some days, though, my #writingwork is all-consuming and I only have time to journal at the end of the day. #journalchat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:15pm via HootSuite
Perhaps your regular #Journaling has contributed to the success of your writing time. Would you agree? #JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:15pm via HootSuite
Perhaps your regular #Journaling has contributed to the success of your writing time. Would you agree? #JournalChat
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:14pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat ...I've filled 17 large journals since 1997 (*the ones from previous years are all gone)#journalchat
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:13pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat Yes, it's a daily (hourly?) ritual I can't seem to let go of. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember & #journalchat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:13pm via HootSuite
Many find it difficult to journal at ALL in their day; think about #Journaling every time your mind wanders from your work. #JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:13pm via HootSuite
Many find it difficult to journal at ALL in their day; think about #Journaling every time your mind wanders from your work. #JournalChat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:12pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf So you journal quite a bit then, don't you? That's what I call dedicated and mindful#Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:12pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf So you journal quite a bit then, don't you? That's what I call dedicated and mindful#Journaling#JournalChat
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:10pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat completely focused is by doing what I call a "mind dump" throughout the day. Each time my mind wanders ... #journalchat
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:09pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat Absolutely! I write non-fiction (primarily) & I just started dabbling in fiction. The best way I can keep my mind #journalchat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:09pm via HootSuite
@mscator Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Leia! Great to see you. :) #Journaling
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:08pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Yes, it is in mine too. I am eager to here more about how your #Journaling practice!#JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:08pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Yes, it is in mine too. I am eager to here more about how your #Journaling practice!#JournalChat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:07pm via HootSuite
Jenn, I was intrigued by how you use your journal to stay focused in your writing work day. Can you share about that? #JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:07pm via HootSuite
Jenn, I was intrigued by how you use your journal to stay focused in your writing work day. Can you share about that? #JournalChat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:06pm via HootSuite
@ChaoticKatieP Well, that's a terrific attitude to start with, Katie. :) You're already centered! :)#JournalChat #Journaling
jmgreenleafFeb 16, 3:06pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat You're welcome! Thank you for the invitation! :o) #journalchat Journaling is a HUGE part of my everyday life.
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:05pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Thanks so much for joining us today on #JournalChat Live today; it's great to have you.#Journaling
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:05pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Thanks so much for joining us today on #JournalChat Live today; it's great to have you.#Journaling
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:05pm via HootSuite
I am pleased to have Jenn Greenleaf with us today to discuss Your #Journaling: A Mind Centered.#JournalChat
ChaoticKatiePFeb 16, 3:05pm via TweetChat
It's a glorious Friday morning in Sydney and I'm so happy to be alive! #journalchat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:05pm via HootSuite
I am pleased to have Jenn Greenleaf with us today to discuss Your #Journaling: A Mind Centered.#JournalChat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:04pm via HootSuite
@victorsachar Hey, Victor. Great to see you. Welcome back to #JournalChat Live. :) #Journaling
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:04pm via HootSuite
@ChaoticKatieP Hey, Katie, how are you? Welcome to #JournalChat Live! I could see you waving. ;) #Journaling
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic for today's #JournalChat Live is Your#Journaling: A Mind Centered
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic for today's #JournalChat Live is Your#Journaling: A Mind Centered
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/97rf4 Our #Journaling resource is Do You Write in a Paper Journal? by Jenn Greenleaf. @jmgreenleaf #JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/97rbM Our #Journaling resource is Do You Write in a Paper Journal? by Jenn Greenleaf. @jmgreenleaf #JournalChat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:02pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite, ortweetchat.com to follow along. Remember to use #JournalChat as your hashtag. #Journaling
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:02pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite, ortweetchat.com to follow along. Remember to use #JournalChat as your hashtag. #Journaling
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:01pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years with 50+ journals filled. I am passionate about #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerringFeb 16, 3:01pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years with 50+ journals filled. I am passionate about #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChatFeb 16, 3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment