Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring, home of Refresh Journal for a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions! I'm so glad you stopped by to check out my new Journal and to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition. You're welcome to sign up for your personal copy of Refresh Journal which contains the my #JournalChat Favorited from #JournalChat Links Edition and the essential #JournalChat Choice of the month, which determines our topic for #JournalChat Live on the First Sunday** of each month at 4 EST/1 PST for all things journaling on Twitter. (**If the First Sunday coincides with a holiday, I will create an alternate date for the Twitter chat or I will post details that the discussion will take place on our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group.)

Also included each month are refreshing tips for your home, work, kids and yourself, plus music, The Artist column and other goodies.

Please feel free to leave a comment about what you love in Refresh Journal. Or send me a tip or answer to a question that I may showcase in a future issue!


Thanks for your interest and for subscribing!

Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

JournalWriter Freelance

Host of #JournalChat Live and Links Edition on Twitter

Thursday, February 23, 2012

#JournalChat Live 2/23/12 Topic: Your Journaling: The Then Minute Message



PolkaDotty_Me4:42pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat#Journaling is like a breath of fresh air; it always gives me a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:30pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #journaling and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:30pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #journaling and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:29pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; our next session will be 3/1 at 5 EST/2 PST;#Journaling topic to be announced.
DawnHerring4:29pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; our next session will be 3/1 at 5 EST/2 PST;#Journaling topic to be announced.
JournalChat4:26pm via HootSuite
Thanks so much for joining me today on#JournalChat Live; it's been fab having you! I appreciate your #Journaling point of view.
DawnHerring4:26pm via HootSuite
Thanks so much for joining me today on#JournalChat Live; it's been fab having you! I appreciate your #Journaling point of view.
DawnHerring4:24pm via HootSuite
@DawnMariaAZ Thanks for the RT, Dawn; welcome to #JournalChat Live.
JournalChat4:22pm via HootSuite
Special thanks goes to Ali Luke @aliventures for her post: Keeping a Journal Can Change Your Life, our #Journaling resource. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:22pm via HootSuite
Special thanks goes to Ali Luke @aliventures for her post: Keeping a Journal Can Change Your Life, our #Journaling resource. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:19pm via HootSuite
@MarieDouville thanks for the RT, Marie. :) Welcome to #JournalChat Live. :)
JournalChat4:19pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9fU1S My blog post: Change It Up where I share about my #workhabits which I'm more aware of with #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:19pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9fTZg My blog post: Change It Up where I share about my #workhabits which I'm more aware of with #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat4:18pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9fTYt Sign up for your Personal Copy of Refresh Journal for a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:18pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9fTUW Sign up for your Personal Copy of Refresh Journal for a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions. #JournalChat
MarieDouville4:17pm via HootSuite
Ali mentions how 150 words can be written in just 10 minutes; I think it's amazing what you can accomplish in that time span. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:16pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9fTTf Here are some #Journaling#Prompts to help you get started with your 10 minutes! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:16pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9fTQl Here are some #Journaling#Prompts to help you get started with your 10 minutes! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
It has become such an integral part of my life, I see it as a wonderful rewarding practice I enjoy immensely. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:15pm via HootSuite
It has become such an integral part of my life, I see it as a wonderful rewarding practice I enjoy immensely. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:14pm via HootSuite
When I see the overall results of my #Journalingtime, I see it as well invested which motivates me to stay with it. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:14pm via HootSuite
When I see the overall results of my #Journalingtime, I see it as well invested which motivates me to stay with it. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:12pm via HootSuite
#Journaling can make a difference in all dimensions of life, the ones that matter most to us, with just a little writing time. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:12pm via HootSuite
#Journaling can make a difference in all dimensions of life, the ones that matter most to us, with just a little writing time. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
So, as you can see, it doesn't take a large amount of time to invest in an effective #Journaling practice.#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:10pm via HootSuite
So, as you can see, it doesn't take a large amount of time to invest in an effective #Journaling practice.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:09pm via HootSuite
What we focus on whether verbally or in journal entry form grows;what do we want to see grow in our lives? #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:09pm via HootSuite
What we focus on whether verbally or in journal entry form grows;what do we want to see grow in our lives? #JournalChat
JournalChat4:08pm via HootSuite
What we focus on whether verbally or in journal entry form;what do we want to see grow in our lives?It's a great place to start #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:08pm via HootSuite
What we focus on whether verbally or in journal entry form;what do we want to see grow in our lives?It's a great place to start #JournalChat
JournalChat4:05pm via HootSuite
But taking time to focus on the positive, to celebrate the good, will help initiate more positive change and faster growth. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:05pm via HootSuite
But taking time to focus on the positive, to celebrate the good, will help initiate more positive change and faster growth. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:03pm via HootSuite
We can often focus on the negative, which is necessary sometime to work through issues that are troubling us. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:00pm via HootSuite
I look forward to each evening's journal entry so I can celebrate what made me happy that day; a great way to linger a little. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:00pm via HootSuite
I look forward to each evening's journal entry so I can celebrate what made me happy that day; a great way to linger a little. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
Ali recommends recording at least 5 positive things in your day; can motivate us to do well so we can write it down! ;) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:58pm via HootSuite
Ali recommends recording at least 5 positive things in your day; can motivate us to do well so we can write it down! ;) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
@keepitpersonal thanks for the RT, Teri! Welcome to #JournalChat Live. :)
keepitpersonal3:56pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: And when we can implement even the smallest of changes, over time it makes a big difference. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:56pm via HootSuite
We should make it a point every day to congratulate ourselves on a job well done in our journals. Something to look forward to! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:56pm via HootSuite
We should make it a point every day to congratulate ourselves on a job well done in our journals. Something to look forward to! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:55pm via HootSuite
This positive thinking perspective is where you can affirm and appreciate yourself and what went right with what you did. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:55pm via HootSuite
This positive thinking perspective is where you can affirm and appreciate yourself and what went right with what you did. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:54pm via HootSuite
The final strategy Ali offers is using #Journaling to encourage positive thinking; focus on what's right in your life! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:54pm via HootSuite
The final strategy Ali offers is using #Journaling to encourage positive thinking; focus on what's right in your life! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:51pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie Are you referring to writing or positive change, Honey? #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:51pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie Are you referring to writing or positive change, Honey? #JournalChat #Journaling
sunflowermommie3:51pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: When you use your journal for just a few minutes a day, it helps you stay on track with your goals. #JournalChat #Journaling
sunflowermommie3:50pm via web
@DawnHerring You have to turn off your inner editor in order to do that. #journalchat
JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
And when we can implement even the smallest of changes, over time it makes a big difference.#Journaling is perfect for this. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:50pm via HootSuite
And when we can implement even the smallest of changes, over time it makes a big difference.#Journaling is perfect for this. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
I think one of the greatest benefits to a #Journalingpractice is positive change; we all want a better quality of life. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:49pm via HootSuite
I think one of the greatest benefits to a #Journalingpractice is positive change; we all want a better quality of life. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:48pm via HootSuite
How has #Journaling helped you create positive change with just a few minutes of recording your goals and progress? #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:48pm via HootSuite
How has #Journaling helped you create positive change with just a few minutes of recording your goals and progress? #JournalChat
JournalChat3:48pm via HootSuite
I enjoy recording how well I'm doing with an issue I want to change; it's not always easy, but#Journaling helps. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:48pm via HootSuite
I enjoy recording how well I'm doing with an issue I want to change; it's not always easy, but#Journaling helps. #JournalChat
yoliworth3:47pm via TweetChat
RT @DawnHerring You can use your journal to record progress on a change you want to make, no matter how big or small. #journalchat
JournalChat3:46pm via HootSuite
When you use your journal for just a few minutes a day, it helps you stay on track with your goals.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:46pm via HootSuite
When you use your journal for just a few minutes a day, it helps you stay on track with your goals.#JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:45pm via HootSuite
You can use your journal to record progress on a change you want to make, no matter how big or small. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:45pm via HootSuite
You can use your journal to record progress on a change you want to make, no matter how big or small. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:44pm via HootSuite
Ali's next focus is #Journaling for accountability! This is where positive change comes in. Love this.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:44pm via HootSuite
Ali's next focus is #Journaling for accountability! This is where positive change comes in. Love this.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:43pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is like a breath of fresh air; it always gives me a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:43pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is like a breath of fresh air; it always gives me a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
RT @DareeAllen: @MaraSpires @JournalChatYep. To me it's like releasing a deep exhale#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:42pm via HootSuite
RT @DareeAllen: @MaraSpires @JournalChatYep. To me it's like releasing a deep exhale#JournalChat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
@DareeAllen Just a super friendly reminder,#JournalChat is our hashtag. :)))
JournalChat3:41pm via HootSuite
@DareeAllen Oh, I agree, Daree. We can all use a stress reliever with no consequence; just great benefit. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:41pm via HootSuite
@DareeAllen Oh, I agree, Daree. We can all use a stress reliever with no consequence; just great benefit. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:41pm via HootSuite
RT @DareeAllen: @DawnHerring #Journaling is a great stress-reliever;you can get things off your chest without any repercussions #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:41pm via HootSuite
RT @DareeAllen: @DawnHerring #Journaling is a great stress-reliever;you can get things off your chest without any repercussions #JournalChat
JournalChat3:40pm via HootSuite
Have you ever written an entry with such a forward look? It's amazing how your mind can open up to possibilities/dreams. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:40pm via HootSuite
Have you ever written an entry with such a forward look? It's amazing how your mind can open up to possibilities/dreams. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:39pm via HootSuite
Ali suggests writing a letter to your future self using current life strands, where you see yourself in a year, five years. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:39pm via HootSuite
Ali suggests writing a letter to your future self using current life strands, where you see yourself in a year, five years. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:38pm via HootSuite
In just ten minutes you can review a significant event you've written about before and gain insight into where you are now. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:38pm via HootSuite
In just ten minutes you can review a significant event you've written about before and gain insight into where you are now. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:37pm via HootSuite
Each of us has a unique point of view; and our journals are a great place to showcase them.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:37pm via HootSuite
Each of us has a unique point of view; and our journals are a great place to showcase them.#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:36pm via HootSuite
When you journal over time, you can see how your views have changed or not; #Journaling is a gift to yourself, Ali shares. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:36pm via HootSuite
When you journal over time, you can see how your views have changed or not; #Journaling is a gift to yourself, Ali shares. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:35pm via HootSuite
She notes that once you build up that #writing habit in your journal, it makes other writing easier. Most definitely! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:35pm via HootSuite
She notes that once you build up that #writing habit in your journal, it makes other writing easier. Most definitely! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:34pm via HootSuite
Again, Ali reminds us that 150 words a day in ten minutes is easily attainable. Does that motivate you to journal? #JOurnalChat
DawnHerring3:34pm via HootSuite
Again, Ali reminds us that 150 words a day in ten minutes is easily attainable. Does that motivate you to journal? #JOurnalChat
JournalChat3:32pm via HootSuite
I happen to be long winded in my #Journaling most of the time;but sometimes I like a shorter entry. Just ten minutes is enough. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:32pm via HootSuite
I happen to be long winded in my #Journaling most of the time;but sometimes I like a shorter entry. Just ten minutes is enough. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
@MaraSpires Oh, absolutely, Mara. Sometimes that's all it takes. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:31pm via HootSuite
@MaraSpires Oh, absolutely, Mara. Sometimes that's all it takes. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
@DareeAllen thanks for the RT, Daree! Welcome to#JournalChat Live. :)
MaraSpires3:29pm via Twitter for Mac
@JournalChat sometimes iForget that getting one sentence, or even just one WORD down in one of my journals can be enough #JournalChat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
And what's awesome is #Journaling IS Writing!#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:29pm via HootSuite
And what's awesome is #Journaling IS Writing!#JournalChat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
Ali mentions how #Journaling can help build a writing habit. I so agree. The more I journal, the more I write. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:29pm via HootSuite
Ali mentions how #Journaling can help build a writing habit. I so agree. The more I journal, the more I write. #JournalChat
DareeAllen3:29pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: Folks are welcome to share how just 10 minutes of #Journaling makes a difference for them. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
Folks are welcome to share how just 10 minutes of#Journaling makes a difference for them.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:28pm via HootSuite
Folks are welcome to share how just 10 minutes of#Journaling makes a difference for them.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
@yoliworth Welcome back, Yoli! Good to see you. :)#JournalChat
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
@LorelieJ Thanks for the RT, Lorelie. Welcome to#JournalChat Live. :)
yoliworth3:26pm via TweetChat
hello! Just got out of a meeting. Glad I could make it! #journalchat
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
I find when I have a journal to write in, I write more. I use journals for my writing projects, motivating me to write. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:26pm via HootSuite
I find when I have a journal to write in, I write more. I use journals for my writing projects, motivating me to write. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
@MaraSpires Great to see you, Mara! Welcome to#JournalChat Live! #Journaling
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
Ali mentions how 150 words can be written in just 10 minutes; I think it's amazing what you can accomplish in that time span. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:23pm via HootSuite
Ali mentions how 150 words can be written in just 10 minutes; I think it's amazing what you can accomplish in that time span. #JournalChat
MaraSpires3:22pm via web
@JournalChat yay, iFinally made it to #JournalChatlive!!! (late, but i'm here...lol)
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
I wholly agree with Ali on this; #Journaling truly primes the #writing pump for me helping me strategize and gain inspiration. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:22pm via HootSuite
I wholly agree with Ali on this; #Journaling truly primes the #writing pump for me helping me strategize and gain inspiration. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
Ali's next segment focuses on writing; how#Journaling can enhance our writing life..with just 10 minutes a day. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:21pm via HootSuite
Ali's next segment focuses on writing; how#Journaling can enhance our writing life..with just 10 minutes a day. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
I especially feel that 'brain dump' at the end of my day when I want to release my angst and gain perspective. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:20pm via HootSuite
I especially feel that 'brain dump' at the end of my day when I want to release my angst and gain perspective. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie And those brain dumps really open things up; our clarity is enhanced and our perspective is refreshed. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:19pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie And those brain dumps really open things up; our clarity is enhanced and our perspective is refreshed. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie Yep, it can certainly feel like that, Honey. :) And it doesn't take long to accomplish. But it feels good. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:18pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie Yep, it can certainly feel like that, Honey. :) And it doesn't take long to accomplish. But it feels good. :) #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:18pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie That's exactly how I view it, too! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:17pm via HootSuite
RT @sunflowermommie: @JournalChat I kind of look at it as dumping my brain - and everything that is on my mind #journalchat
sunflowermommie3:16pm via web
@JournalChat I kind of look at it as dumping my brain - and everything that is on my mind#journalchat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
Just one discovery in a short session of#Journaling can make all the difference in our quality of life, one change at at time. #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:16pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat Sorry-forgot to tag-Thank you!#JournalChat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
When we become more aware of repetitions, we see what isn't working and desire change.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:16pm via HootSuite
When we become more aware of repetitions, we see what isn't working and desire change.#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
When we see repetition, where ready past entries or when we write current ones, it help us become for self-aware. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:15pm via HootSuite
When we see repetition, where ready past entries or when we write current ones, it help us become for self-aware. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf So glad you could make it, Jenn. Welcome back to #JournalChat Live! #Journaling*waves back*
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
When I write a journal entry, I notice repetition that gets my attention and makes me realize when somethings needs addressing. #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:12pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat *waves* Sorry I'm late! Catching up on the conversation now! #Journalchat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
Ali explains how keeping a journal for an extended period of time can reveal repeated issues, your motivations and work habits. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:12pm via HootSuite
Ali explains how keeping a journal for an extended period of time can reveal repeated issues, your motivations and work habits. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
In Ali's first example, she explains how reading previous journal entries can give you insight into your emotional patterns. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:09pm via HootSuite
In Ali's first example, she explains how reading previous journal entries can give you insight into your emotional patterns. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
But the benefits of #Journaling, even in just short amounts of time, can provide clarity, direction, and insight. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:07pm via HootSuite
But the benefits of #Journaling, even in just short amounts of time, can provide clarity, direction, and insight. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
You wouldn't think that 10 minutes would be enough time for a journal entry to be truly effective.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:06pm via HootSuite
You wouldn't think that 10 minutes would be enough time for a journal entry to be truly effective.#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:05pm via HootSuite
Ali provides #Journaling exercises that show how just 10 minutes in your journal can make a difference. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:05pm via HootSuite
Ali provides #Journaling exercises that show how just 10 minutes in your journal can make a difference. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: The Ten Minute Message. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: The Ten Minute Message. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:03pm via HootSuite
RT @sunflowermommie: @DawnHerring I am here#JournalChat //Welcome back to #JournalChatLive, Honey! Great to see you. :)
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
Our #Journaling resource is Keeping a Journal Can Change Your Life by Ali Luke @aliventuresow.ly/9fPlt #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
Our #Journaling resource is Keeping a Journal Can Change Your Life by Ali Luke @aliventuresow.ly/9fPjW #JournalChat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite, ortweetchat.com to follow along; be sure to use#JournalChat in your tweet. #Journaling
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years with 50+ journals filled. I am passionate about #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years with 50+ journals filled. I am passionate about #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment