Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring, home of Refresh Journal for a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions! I'm so glad you stopped by to check out my new Journal and to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition. You're welcome to sign up for your personal copy of Refresh Journal which contains the my #JournalChat Favorited from #JournalChat Links Edition and the essential #JournalChat Choice of the month, which determines our topic for #JournalChat Live on the First Sunday of each month at 4 EST/1 PST for all things journaling on Twitter.

Also included each month are refreshing tips for your home, work, kids and yourself, plus music, The Artist column and other goodies.

Please feel free to leave a comment about what you love in Refresh Journal. Or send me a tip or answer to a question that I may showcase in a future issue!


Thanks for your interest and for subscribing!

Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

JournalWriter Freelance

Host of #JournalChat Live and Links Edition on Twitter

Thursday, February 9, 2012

#JournalChat Live 2/9/12 Topic: Journaling Gold: A Writer's Notebook



JournalChat4:50pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #Journaling for #Writer's Gold, and don't forget to refresh yourself. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:50pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #Journaling for #Writer's Gold, and don't forget to refresh yourself. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:50pm via HootSuite
Thanks to all who contributed and tuned in to#JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.
DawnHerring4:50pm via HootSuite
Thanks to all who contributed and tuned in to#JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.
JournalChat4:49pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 2/16, at 5 EST/2 PST;#Journaling topic to be announced.
DawnHerring4:49pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 2/16, at 5 EST/2 PST;#Journaling topic to be announced.
JournalChat4:48pm via HootSuite
Special thanks to Carolyn Jess-Cooke for her post, How $1 Could Make You a Bestselling Author, our#Journaling resource. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:48pm via HootSuite
Special thanks to Carolyn Jess-Cooke for her post, How $1 Could Make You a Bestselling Author, our#Journaling resource. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:41pm via HootSuite
@bookswinefamily I do believe there is a connection between the right brain and creativity; thus handwriting works that way. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:40pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie That's always a good excuse to go shopping for a journal. I like funky, Honey!#JournalChat #Journaling
sunflowermommie4:39pm via web
@JournalChat I need to start a new one. Time to buy a funky journal again. #journalchat
JournalChat4:39pm via HootSuite
@bookswinefamily Oh yes, hand written. We have quite a few fans of hand written#Journaling/#writing. In good company!#JournalChat
bookswinefamily4:37pm via web
@JournalChat Thanks Dawn! I prefer to do all the brainstorming, outlining and timeline by hand- I feel it helps me creatively. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:33pm via TweetChat
@sunflowermommie One way to organize is to keep a writer's notebook, Honey. Perhaps that will work for you. #JournalChat #journalChat
JournalChat4:30pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie @bookswinefamily You're both welcome to share about your #writer's notebooks/#Journaling. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:30pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie @bookswinefamily You're both welcome to share about your #writer's notebooks/#Journaling. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:29pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf You know, that's why it works in such a custom way for each person. I love that.#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:28pm via HootSuite
@valeriestorey Thanks for the RT, Valerie. Great to see you. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:28pm via HootSuite
@bookswinefamily Catrina, Welcome. So sorry the timing is tough. I post the transcript on my blog.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:27pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food Thanks so much for joining us, Richard. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:26pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/8YWXk Sign up for Refresh Journal with#Journaling links & refreshing tips; perhaps an a-ha moment awaits. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:26pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/8YWVe Sign up for Refresh Journal with#Journaling links & refreshing tips; perhaps an a-ha moment awaits. #JournalChat
sunflowermommie4:25pm via web
@JournalChat I guess I just got in on the tail end of#journalchat
jmgreenleaf4:25pm via web
@sunflowermommie I actually find organization in the disorganized nature of the notes - not sure if that makes sense. :o) #journalchat
JournalChat4:25pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/8YWUq Here's my latest blog post: Change It Up with a focus on #work habits, which works for writers too! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:25pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/8YWSB Here's my latest blog post: Change It Up with a focus on #work habits, which works for writers too! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:24pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/8YWRJ More #Journaling info for #writersspecifically, with several about writer's notebooks!#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:24pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/8YWQv More #Journaling info for #writersspecifically, with several about writer's notebooks!#JournalChat
valeriestorey4:23pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: And of course your writer's notebook needn't be expensive. A dollar will do! ;)#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:23pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/8YWPH #Journaling #prompts can often trigger those a-ha moments when we're writing.#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:23pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/8YWOn #Journaling #prompts can often trigger those a-ha moments when we're writing.#JournalChat
lighthouse4food4:22pm via TweetChat
Thanks to all you beautiful souls for sharing your wisdom. #journalchat
bookswinefamily4:22pm via web
Damn I missed ANOTHER #JournalChat! It takes place at a nearly impossible time for me.#disappointed
JournalChat4:21pm via HootSuite
@sunflowermommie Welcome, Honey, and thanks for the RT. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
And of course your writer's notebook needn't be expensive. A dollar will do! ;) #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:20pm via HootSuite
And of course your writer's notebook needn't be expensive. A dollar will do! ;) #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat4:19pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck Thanks so much for joining us, Holli. It was great to meet you and have you here today. See you soon! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:18pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck I'm glad it works! Maybe it will work for someone else too. :) #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:18pm via HootSuite
Especially if you're looking to produce the quality of writing agents and editors are looking for.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:18pm via HootSuite
Especially if you're looking to produce the quality of writing agents and editors are looking for.#Journaling #JournalChat
hollicbuck4:18pm via HootSuite
I thank you ALL for a great chat about #Journaling! I will be sure to check back for #JournalChat again. Great night, everyone!
JournalChat4:17pm via HootSuite
Continually writing down ideas is the only way to keep drilling down to the good stuff, Carolyn recommends. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:17pm via HootSuite
Continually writing down ideas is the only way to keep drilling down to the good stuff, Carolyn recommends. #Journaling #JournalChat
hollicbuck4:16pm via HootSuite
@DawnHerring When my inner-critic feels ignored, he comes back even stronger! But this approach works for me. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food Well, you're in the right place! But also listen to your intuition & follow how it works for You. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:14pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food Well, you're in the right place! But also listen to your intuition & follow how it works for You. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:13pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck That's an excellent approach, Holli. Then he won't feel ignored. ;) He has his place when you need him. #JournalChat #Journaling
lighthouse4food4:12pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat okay, I'll try to do that. Btw, I don't have an approach, but I'm looking to discover what would work for me. #journalchat
hollicbuck4:12pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat Instead of banishing my inner-critic, I acknowledged he has a place. But NOT while I'm writing! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:11pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food I run into news stories of folks who publish books based on journal entries. Check #JournalChat Links edition on my blog.
JournalChat4:09pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck that's sounds like something I would read in one of my Julia Cameron books. She speaks of the inner critic. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:09pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food You're welcome to share, Richard. I'd love to hear your approach. :)#JournalChat
lighthouse4food4:09pm via TweetChat
Could anyone point to accessible examples of works created with 'this method'? #journalchat
JournalChat4:08pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Oh, I agree, Jenn. That's what I love about it. Anything goes! #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:07pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Oh, just try it for fun, Lynette. Just doodle whatever comes to mind; it can be intuitive, not technical. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:07pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Oh, just try it for fun, Lynette. Just doodle whatever comes to mind; it can be intuitive, not technical. :) #JournalChat
hollicbuck4:07pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf @DawnHerring I actually talk to my inner-critic, telling him it's not time for him yet; the Muse is at work! #JournalChat
lighthouse4food4:06pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Thanks but you don't have a clue!!#journalchat
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck I love it, Holli! Go for it. :) I love #art#Journaling too. It's so much fun! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:05pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food I like your mechanical side, Richard. We all have something fab to offer.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:05pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food I like your mechanical side, Richard. We all have something fab to offer.#Journaling #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf4:05pm via web
@LynetteBenton @hollicbuck @JournalChatCollage or doodle, instead! There are no rules to art journaling. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:04pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton I'm guessing that's why computer#Journaling has gained popularity since you can find things more easily. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:04pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton I'm guessing that's why computer#Journaling has gained popularity since you can find things more easily. #JournalChat
LynetteBenton4:03pm via web
@hollicbuck @JournalChat I'm jealous. Wish I could draw! #Journalchat
JournalChat4:03pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton I like the idea of using color to index. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:03pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton I like the idea of using color to index. #Journaling #JournalChat
lighthouse4food4:03pm via TweetChat
I meant to say "But, I'm learning from some great folks here." #journalchat
hollicbuck4:03pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton I'm reintroducing drawing into my#Journaling. I keep colored pencils on the ready!#JournalChat
JournalChat4:02pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck #Journaling can actually help us to develop a stronger #writer's voice. Just another benefit! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:02pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck #Journaling can actually help us to develop a stronger #writer's voice. Just another benefit! #JournalChat
lighthouse4food4:02pm via TweetChat
@LynetteBenton Thanks for your insight on indexing. #journalchat
JournalChat4:01pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf What a great way to write a book; very intuitive. Love it. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:01pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf What a great way to write a book; very intuitive. Love it. #Journaling #JournalChat
lighthouse4food4:01pm via TweetChat
Thanks but this just shows clearly that I am way too mechanical. But, I'm learning for some great folks here. #journalchat
JournalChat4:01pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton I think that's fab. Images are a great addition to activate the right brain and add insight. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:01pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton I think that's fab. Images are a great addition to activate the right brain and add insight. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:00pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food That's a good question, Richard. I have indexed my journals before, but I have many that are not. #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf4:00pm via web
@hollicbuck Congratulations! That's difficult to do!! My inner critic still speaks loudly in my ear. LOL#Journaling #JournalChat
LynetteBenton3:59pm via web
@lighthouse4food @JournalChat But I admit, it's often a chore to find what I'm looking for.#Journalchat
JournalChat3:59pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck That's right! There is no wrong way to#Journal. Whatever works for you. That helps with the Writing later. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:59pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck That's right! There is no wrong way to#Journal. Whatever works for you. That helps with the Writing later. #JournalChat
LynetteBenton3:59pm via web
@lighthouse4food @JournalChat Good ques. I write note @ top of page & add a paper clip (color-coded.) Should do more indexing. #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:59pm via web
@LynetteBenton @hollicbuck @JournalChat I had difficulty teaching my art journal classes-participants expected more #Journaling#JournalChat
hollicbuck3:58pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf My inner critic didn't just loom, he controlled! But that doesn't happen any longer. My writing voice is stronger. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf It's good to know we writers can often experience the same challenges. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:58pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf It's good to know we writers can often experience the same challenges. #Journaling#JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:58pm via web
@JournalChat @hollicbuck I love art journaling (I wrote a couple of books with art journal prompts, btw). #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck Sometimes it's hard to let it loose, even to ourselves. #Journaling can be surprising sometimes like that. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:57pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck Sometimes it's hard to let it loose, even to ourselves. #Journaling can be surprising sometimes like that. #JournalChat
LynetteBenton3:57pm via web
@hollicbuck @JournalChat Teaching journaling, I encourage participants 2 include drawings or any artifacts they wish. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:56pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Oh, yes. #Journaling gives young ones a place to use what they have naturally with no rules. #JournalChat
lighthouse4food3:56pm via TweetChat
If you have '40 years' of journals how do you find anything fairly efficiently? Thoughts on indexing?#journalchat
JournalChat3:56pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck So it was a bit of an art journal too. Drawing is a good activity; great for the right brain, creativity. #JournalChat
hollicbuck3:55pm via HootSuite
@DawnHerring I'm an incredible perfectionist and I'm now teaching myself that I can't write 'wrong.' Writing is only right! #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:55pm via web
@JournalChat I notice that with my blog posts, too, and I still mess up or over-edit. hee hee#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:55pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Yes, Lynette, I wholly agree. And I write in my journal first thing in the am. It's a great way to start my day! #JournalChat
hollicbuck3:54pm via HootSuite
@DawnHerring You would think it's only for public, but I even edit my own PRIVATE writing. It's more habitual than anything. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:54pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf I notice that when I write blog posts since they will be posted publicly. #Journaling#JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:54pm via web
@JournalChat Thank you! They have voices, but they don't always want to use them-journaling helps that! #Journaling #JournalChat
hollicbuck3:53pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton I love going through my old journals! Some are filled with drawings- before I convinced myself I couldn't draw. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:53pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf That is music to my #Journalingears, Jenn. Oh yes, the children! I also do this.#JournalChat
LynetteBenton3:52pm via web
@jmgreenleaf @JournalChat Journaling also keeps the wheels greased. As a daily practice, you're always writing *something.* #JournalChat
JournalChat3:52pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck That's interesting that you edit more on the computer; is it for posting publicly or privately that you do that? #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:52pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck That's interesting that you edit more on the computer; is it for posting publicly or privately that you do that? #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:52pm via web
@hollicbuck @DawnHerring That's a hiccup when#writing on a computer-the inner critic looms with every keystroke. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Writing those journal entries does help to keep us true to ourselves; honesty is essential to benefit from it. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:50pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Writing those journal entries does help to keep us true to ourselves; honesty is essential to benefit from it. #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:50pm via web
@LynetteBenton @JournalChat Yes! Exactly! This is another reason why I'm encouraging my children to journal. #Journaling #JournalChat
hollicbuck3:49pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf @DawnHerring I'm more honest and less self-censoring when I'm #writing. On the computer, I'm conditioned to edit. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:49pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Wow, 40 years. That's awesome, Lynette. :)) So glad they work and help you in your writing and memory. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:49pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Wow, 40 years. That's awesome, Lynette. :)) So glad they work and help you in your writing and memory. #JournalChat
LynetteBenton3:48pm via web
@hollicbuck @JournalChat I can't journal on the computer either. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:48pm via HootSuite
I have read there is a scientific connection between the brain and the hand when writing in a journal. It's very good. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:48pm via HootSuite
I have read there is a scientific connection between the brain and the hand when writing in a journal. It's very good. #JournalChat
LynetteBenton3:48pm via web
@JournalChat @jmgreenleaf My journal keeps my writing honest, authentic. #JournalChat
LynetteBenton3:47pm via web
@JournalChat I must have 40 yrs of journals now & many of them have been invaluable to my formal writing. Major memory joggers. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:47pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck Oh, I'm the same way. Pen to paper is the only way I journal. It works for some on the computer. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:47pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck Oh, I'm the same way. Pen to paper is the only way I journal. It works for some on the computer. #JournalChat #Journaling
jmgreenleaf3:46pm via web
@hollicbuck Yes, me too - there's something very special about putting pen to paper in my #writingmind. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:46pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Oh, it does, Jenn. I know my#journaling gives zing and inspiration to any writing project I work with. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:46pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Oh, it does, Jenn. I know my#journaling gives zing and inspiration to any writing project I work with. #JournalChat
hollicbuck3:45pm via HootSuite
I'd attempted to journal on the computer, but it wasn't the same. I need to have a pen in my hand, paper beneath my palm. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:44pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck Welcome, Holli! Sounds fabulous. Yes, one for journaling and one for writing. That's good organization. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:44pm via HootSuite
@hollicbuck Welcome, Holli! Sounds fabulous. Yes, one for journaling and one for writing. That's good organization. #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:43pm via web
@LynetteBenton @JournalChat Yay! This is wonderful! It helps the #writing process along, I think. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:43pm via HootSuite
It's all about listening to and paying attention to those intuitive entries that end up as #writing gold.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:43pm via HootSuite
It's all about listening to and paying attention to those intuitive entries that end up as #writing gold.#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
And those same a-ha moment entries can synchronize with a later a-ha moment when we're working on a writing project. ;) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:42pm via HootSuite
And those same a-ha moment entries can synchronize with a later a-ha moment when we're working on a writing project. ;) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
Carolyn calls those moments when you write something down an A-ha moment. I love those kind! #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:42pm via HootSuite
Carolyn calls those moments when you write something down an A-ha moment. I love those kind! #Journaling #JournalChat
hollicbuck3:41pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat I keep a special journal for journaling and one for writing. I love #Journaling!#JournalChat
JournalChat3:40pm via HootSuite
I find the more I write in my journals, the less apt I am to hit a block in my writing projects; Ideas abound in the pages. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:40pm via HootSuite
I find the more I write in my journals, the less apt I am to hit a block in my writing projects; Ideas abound in the pages. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:39pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Welcome to #JournalChat, Lynette! Yes, using journals to write a book length project works! #Journaling
DawnHerring3:39pm via HootSuite
@LynetteBenton Welcome to #JournalChat, Lynette! Yes, using journals to write a book length project works! #Journaling
JournalChat3:38pm via HootSuite
Every writer at one time or another can certainly use a writer's notebook when they've run into a block that won't quit. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:38pm via HootSuite
Every writer at one time or another can certainly use a writer's notebook when they've run into a block that won't quit. #JournalChat
molossus13:37pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: You can never know when something you record works out well in a pinch!#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:37pm via HootSuite
Another benefit Carolyn emphasizes is the writer's notebook combating #Writer's Block! #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:37pm via HootSuite
Another benefit Carolyn emphasizes is the writer's notebook combating #Writer's Block! #Journaling#JournalChat
LynetteBenton3:36pm via web
@jmgreenleaf @JournalChat I love it when I learn someone's using their old journals to create a book. I'm doing that myself. #journalchat
JournalChat3:36pm via HootSuite
You can never know when something you record works out well in a pinch! #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:36pm via HootSuite
You can never know when something you record works out well in a pinch! #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:35pm via HootSuite
Carolyn has used her #writer's notebook for times when she's on tight deadline;great ideas just waiting to be used! #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:35pm via HootSuite
Carolyn has used her #writer's notebook for times when she's on tight deadline;great ideas just waiting to be used! #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:34pm via HootSuite
And once it's down in ink, we may remember it even more and include it later in our writing. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:34pm via HootSuite
And once it's down in ink, we may remember it even more and include it later in our writing. #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
I think when a writer has an emotional or resonative response to something, they can feel compelled to note it. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:33pm via HootSuite
I think when a writer has an emotional or resonative response to something, they can feel compelled to note it. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:33pm via HootSuite
When I notice something intuitively and write it in my journal, I often end up using that some item for a blog post or article. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf I find I feel more organized and it's better contained with a journal. It has a good vibe for me. ;) #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:31pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf I find I feel more organized and it's better contained with a journal. It has a good vibe for me. ;) #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
What is of interest to one writer may not be of any interest at all to another writer.A Writer's notebook is custom. #JournalChat #writechat
DawnHerring3:30pm via HootSuite
What is of interest to one writer may not be of any interest at all to another writer.A Writer's notebook is custom. #JournalChat #writechat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
#Writer's Notebook is going to look different for each writer since we all have an unique intuitive response. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:29pm via HootSuite
#Writer's Notebook is going to look different for each writer since we all have an unique intuitive response. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
Not everyone is going to respond to the same things and write them down. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:28pm via HootSuite
Not everyone is going to respond to the same things and write them down. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:28pm via HootSuite
One insight I considered in connection with Carolyn's post is paying attention to your intuition.#Journaling #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:28pm via web
@JournalChat I do the same with my roughs and longer projects, too! :o) #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
I enjoy using hard cover lined journals for roughs of longer writing projects. I like having it all in one book. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:27pm via HootSuite
I enjoy using hard cover lined journals for roughs of longer writing projects. I like having it all in one book. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Congrats on your WIP novel. Old letters...sounds interesting. You can never know where an entry will end up! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:26pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Congrats on your WIP novel. Old letters...sounds interesting. You can never know where an entry will end up! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf That is inspiring, Jenn! Awesome how the collection grows over time. I also use spirals for notes and roughs. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:24pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf That is inspiring, Jenn! Awesome how the collection grows over time. I also use spirals for notes and roughs. #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:23pm via web
@JournalChat My novel in progress, The Ghost Writer, is comprised of my old notebook entries & old letters. #Journaling #JournalChat
molossus13:23pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: Can you imagine writing something in your writer's notebook and using it over a decade later? #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
Sometimes something seemingly insignificant may catch your eye or ear and you end up using it for publication. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:23pm via HootSuite
Sometimes something seemingly insignificant may catch your eye or ear and you end up using it for publication. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
Can you imagine writing something in your writer's notebook and using it over a decade later?#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:22pm via HootSuite
Can you imagine writing something in your writer's notebook and using it over a decade later?#Journaling #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:22pm via web
(cont.) notebooks and hardback journals. My collection is huge. I take notes in school-style spiral bound notebooks #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
It's amazing to me how something she recorded many years ago she is now using on a novel now.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:21pm via HootSuite
It's amazing to me how something she recorded many years ago she is now using on a novel now.#Journaling #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:21pm via web
@JournalChat Everything from lists or notes in small notebooks to outlines and journal entries in larger (cont.)...#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
Not only does Carolyn record lots of vital and interesting info in her notebooks,but she refers to them constantly. #Journaling #JournalChat
molossus13:20pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: She uses them for "lightbulb" moments, scribbles of dialogue, hastily composed plotlines...#Journaling #JournalChat
molossus13:20pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: Carolyn does make a point that she doesn't use these notebooks as a diary.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:19pm via HootSuite
One thing that stands out to me is how aware and attentive we can be to keep a writer's notebook for#Journaling Gold. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
@molossus1 Thanks for the RT, Sandra. Welcome! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food that's fine, Richard. We're into clarification here on #JournalChat. :)) #Journaling
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Sounds terrific, Jenn. glad you have a resonation with her. What kind of info do you record? #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:16pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Sounds terrific, Jenn. glad you have a resonation with her. What kind of info do you record? #Journaling #JournalChat
molossus13:15pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: I recommend using tweetdeck, hootsuite, or tweetchat.com to follow along. Be sure to use #JournalChat as your...
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
She also enters factual or a headline that catches her eye. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:15pm via HootSuite
She also enters factual or a headline that catches her eye. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
She uses them for "lightbulb" moments, scribbles of dialogue, hastily composed plotlines...#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:14pm via HootSuite
She uses them for "lightbulb" moments, scribbles of dialogue, hastily composed plotlines...#Journaling #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:13pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®
@JournalChat Thank you for the warm welcome (& you're welcome for the RT! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
Carolyn does make a point that she doesn't use these notebooks as a diary. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:12pm via HootSuite
Carolyn does make a point that she doesn't use these notebooks as a diary. #Journaling#JournalChat
lighthouse4food3:12pm via TweetChat
That's kinda what I figured but wanted to make sure. #journalchat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
@jmgreenleaf Welcome, Jenn! Thanks for the RT. :) #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:11pm via web
@JournalChat I follow the habits of Carolyn, too, and am frequently "going to the notebooks," as I call it... #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food Simply a notebook where you jot down anything that inspires or interests you that is used later in yr writing. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:11pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food Simply a notebook where you jot down anything that inspires or interests you that is used later in yr writing. #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf3:10pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: Our #Journaling resource is How $1 Could Make You a Bestselling Author by Carolyn @CJessCooke #JournalChat ow.ly/8YRNj
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
@RadioDisneyClub Thanks for your support, Hannah. #JournalChat
lighthouse4food3:09pm via TweetChat
I'll show my ignorance!! Is there a specific definition for a "writer's notebook"? #journalchat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@lighthouse4food Glad you're available today, Richard. You're welcome to share any insights on keeping a #writer's notebook. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:08pm via HootSuite
She is one dedicated notebook keeper! What an inspiration and example she is! :) #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:08pm via HootSuite
She is one dedicated notebook keeper! What an inspiration and example she is! :) #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
But not only does she always have one with her, she has them stashed all over her home, office and car. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:07pm via HootSuite
But not only does she always have one with her, she has them stashed all over her home, office and car. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
One of the first things Carolyn talks about is her consistency with carrying a #Writer's Notebook with her at all times. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:06pm via HootSuite
One of the first things Carolyn talks about is her consistency with carrying a #Writer's Notebook with her at all times. #JournalChat
RadioDisneyClub3:06pm via web
To all my followers: if any of you journal or are interested in journaling, join my mom @DawnHerring on #JournalChat LIVE right now. Til 5CT
lighthouse4food3:05pm via TweetChat
Glad to be here. Been unavailable for last several episodes. #journalchat
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
Our #Journaling resource is How $1 Could Make You a Bestselling Author by Carolyn @CJessCooke#JournalChat ow.ly/8YRNj
DawnHerring3:03pm via HootSuite
Our #Journaling resource is How $1 Could Make You a Bestselling Author by Carolyn @CJessCooke#JournalChat ow.ly/8YRMn
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend using tweetdeck, hootsuite, ortweetchat.com to follow along. Be sure to use#JournalChat as your hashtag. #Journaling
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend using tweetdeck, hootsuite, ortweetchat.com to follow along. Be sure to use#JournalChat as your hashtag. #Journaling
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years with 56 journals filled. I am passionate about #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years with 56 journals filled. I am passionate about #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment