Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring, home of Refresh Journal for a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions! I'm so glad you stopped by to check out my new Journal and to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition. You're welcome to sign up for your personal copy of Refresh Journal which contains the my #JournalChat Favorited from #JournalChat Links Edition and the essential #JournalChat Choice of the month, which determines our topic for #JournalChat Live on the First Sunday** of each month at 4 EST/1 PST for all things journaling on Twitter. (**If the First Sunday coincides with a holiday, I will create an alternate date for the Twitter chat or I will post details that the discussion will take place on our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group.)

Also included each month are refreshing tips for your home, work, kids and yourself, plus music, The Artist column and other goodies.

Please feel free to leave a comment about what you love in Refresh Journal. Or send me a tip or answer to a question that I may showcase in a future issue!


Thanks for your interest and for subscribing!

Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

JournalWriter Freelance

Host of #JournalChat Live and Links Edition on Twitter

Thursday, March 15, 2012

#JournalChat Live 3/15/12 Topic: Your Journaling: A Success Synopsis



JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat It was great to have you, Walter. Thanks for sharing your @idonethis product with us. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:20pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat It was great to have you, Walter. Thanks for sharing your @idonethis product with us. #JournalChat #Journaling
iDoneThisChat4:18pm via web
Awesome chatting with everyone! #JournalChat
heday19724:18pm via TweetDeck
RT @JasonEscape: Simplicity's a bitch. - Steve Gadd #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:15pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: That wraps up this edition of#JournalChat Live; join us on 3/22 at 5 EST/2 PST;#Journaling topic to be announced.
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
Enjoy #Journaling your success and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:15pm via HootSuite
Enjoy #Journaling your success and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:14pm via HootSuite
@mscator It was great to have you, Leia. Glad you enjoyed! #JournalChat
mscator4:10pm via TweetDeck
@idonethis @JournalChat TY Walter & Dawn. Great information! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us on 3/22 at 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
DawnHerring4:10pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us on 3/22 at 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
JournalChat4:08pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9GyAk Be sure to check out Walter's @idonethis email program and get started writing your Success Synopsis! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:08pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9GyxY Be sure to check out Walter's @idonethis email program and get started writing your Success Synopsis! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:07pm via HootSuite
Special thanks goes to Walter Chen of @idonethisfor joining us today on #JournalChat Live.#Journaling
DawnHerring4:07pm via HootSuite
Special thanks goes to Walter Chen of @idonethisfor joining us today on #JournalChat Live.#Journaling
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9Gyvs My post: Signs, which can help us to navigate our life success. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:06pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9Gyu3 My post: Signs, which can help us to navigate our life success. #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9Gytq You can also sign up for my weekly Refresh Journal for #Journaling links and#refreshing tips! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:06pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9Gys7 You can also sign up for my weekly Refresh Journal for #Journaling links and#refreshing tips! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:05pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9Gyrv Here are some great #Journaling#Prompts to help you get started writing your Success Synopsis. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:05pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9GypT Here are some great #Journaling#Prompts to help you get started writing your Success Synopsis. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:04pm via HootSuite
@KimmieChevon It was my pleasure, Kimmie. Thanks so much for joining us today! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:02pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba It was great having you, Elizabeth. Enjoy your time w/ your daughter.#JournalChat
KimmieChevon4:02pm via TweetChat
Thanks for hosting a great chat @DawnHerring as always & thanks @iDoneThisChat for the pointers :) #journalchat
JournalChat4:02pm via HootSuite
@mscator Yes, and often that 1+1 does Not equal 2. #Journaling helps us figure out where we're going.& have fun while we do it! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:02pm via HootSuite
@mscator Yes, and often that 1+1 does Not equal 2. #Journaling helps us figure out where we're going.& have fun while we do it! #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:01pm via HootSuite
Great chat. DD wants to play outside. Thanks for the great link and tips #JournalCHat @JournalChat
JournalChat4:00pm via HootSuite
@mscator So do I, Leia. That's part of what keeps me coming back to my journal over and over.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:00pm via HootSuite
@mscator So do I, Leia. That's part of what keeps me coming back to my journal over and over.#JournalChat #Journaling
mscator4:00pm via TweetDeck
Meditative, ritual, chronology. Sometimes even anarchy is good for creative spirit. Especially when 1 + 1 is not equaling 2 :) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:59pm via HootSuite
And #Journaling can help us create that Proven Productivity Walter discusses in his post. Can't go wrong with that! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:59pm via HootSuite
And #Journaling can help us create that Proven Productivity Walter discusses in his post. Can't go wrong with that! #JournalChat
mscator3:58pm via TweetDeck
Love possibilities of journaling. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
And when we journal those possibilities, or "fantasies" as Jason dubbed them, there's no telling where we can go w/our success.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:57pm via HootSuite
And when we journal those possibilities, or "fantasies" as Jason dubbed them, there's no telling where we can go w/our success.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:56pm via HootSuite
I think that's what I love about #Journaling; it's practical and yet also wide open to all kinds of possibilities. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:54pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Ooh, I love that, Elizabeth.#Journaling as meditation, both in word and image. I enjoy that process too. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:54pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Ooh, I love that, Elizabeth.#Journaling as meditation, both in word and image. I enjoy that process too. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:53pm via HootSuite
And with that greater awareness, we can make effective and efficient plans for our productivity and success. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:53pm via HootSuite
And with that greater awareness, we can make effective and efficient plans for our productivity and success. #JournalChat #Journaling
queen_elisheba3:52pm via HootSuite
Use my journals as meditative tools.I'm into my art journal right now and i use positive key words and just meditate on it. #JournalCHat
JournalChat3:52pm via HootSuite
When we take the time to record what we accomplish, we have a written record and greater awareness of where we're going. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:52pm via HootSuite
When we take the time to record what we accomplish, we have a written record and greater awareness of where we're going. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:51pm via HootSuite
I love the question @idonethis offers: “What’d you get done today?” Great question to answer to show what's happening! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:51pm via HootSuite
I love the question @idonethis offers: “What’d you get done today?” Great question to answer to show what's happening! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
@mscator Welcome back, Leia. :) Cool metaphoric application w/ ideas falling differently. You never know what you'll discover. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:50pm via HootSuite
@mscator Welcome back, Leia. :) Cool metaphoric application w/ ideas falling differently. You never know what you'll discover. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:48pm via HootSuite
That's why I refer to my #Journaling practice as multi-dimensional since its so inclusive to all aspects of life. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:48pm via HootSuite
That's why I refer to my #Journaling practice as multi-dimensional since its so inclusive to all aspects of life. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:47pm via HootSuite
It can "fostering reflection and a sense of accountability, growing your self-awareness, motivation and even creativity." #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:47pm via HootSuite
It can "fostering reflection and a sense of accountability, growing your self-awareness, motivation and even creativity." #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:47pm via HootSuite
Just found the best way to keep track of my day and all mah feelings. Check out @iDoneThisChat So glad I joined #JournalChat today!
JournalChat3:47pm via HootSuite
Walter, I love how you say that the process of writing about your day provides a much richer and contextual experience. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:47pm via HootSuite
Walter, I love how you say that the process of writing about your day provides a much richer and contextual experience. #JournalChat
mscator3:46pm via TweetDeck
I like to think of those dots as snow in a snow globe. ritual key elements, but I'm shaking the ideas so they fall differently. #JournalChat
JasonEscape3:45pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Yes. We can see our journals and journaling as an oracle like a crystal ball or tarot deck. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
I love how my personal #Journaling helps me connect the dots, especially seeing what works for me in my decision making. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:42pm via HootSuite
I love how my personal #Journaling helps me connect the dots, especially seeing what works for me in my decision making. #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:41pm via HootSuite
This is fantastic! @iDoneThisChat: @me You can email directly! Just email today@idonethis.com anytime #JournalChat
JournalChat3:41pm via HootSuite
When we #journal regularly, "you’ll start connecting the dots that had been scattered around you all this time." #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:41pm via HootSuite
When we #journal regularly, "you’ll start connecting the dots that had been scattered around you all this time." #JournalChat #Journaling
iDoneThisChat3:38pm via web
@queen_elisheba You can email directly! Just email today@idonethis.com anytime #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:37pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat Quick question: can i send an email directly to post on my calendar, or must I wait for the prompt? #JournalChat
JournalChat3:36pm via HootSuite
And awareness of what conditions help you meet success...that's what #Journaling can help you realize. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:36pm via HootSuite
And awareness of what conditions help you meet success...that's what #Journaling can help you realize. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:35pm via HootSuite
Walter, you share: Awareness of your history and habits gives you a better idea of what works for you. Yes! #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:35pm via HootSuite
Walter, you share: Awareness of your history and habits gives you a better idea of what works for you. Yes! #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba I do that too, but I often try to remember my day as it happened so I don't forget anything. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:33pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba I do that too, but I often try to remember my day as it happened so I don't forget anything. #Journaling #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:32pm via HootSuite
Just added my @iDoneThisChat calendar to my google. woot. all is coming together. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
@KimmieChevon Walter gave me the idea with his post; It was an interesting way to record my day.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:31pm via HootSuite
@KimmieChevon Walter gave me the idea with his post; It was an interesting way to record my day.#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Oh, I love that Idea, Elizabeth.#JournalChat
AmosWonderHorse3:30pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat My name's Amos. I'm actually a pony. I do have a PR Girl who could benefit from this chat. #journalchat
JasonEscape3:30pm via TweetDeck
Simplicity's a bitch. - Steve Gadd #JournalChat
KimmieChevon3:30pm via TweetChat
Okay @iDoneThisChat I'm officially signed up :)#journalchat
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
@JasonEscape I agree, Jason; our perspective changes as we do. #Journaling helps us reflect that. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:30pm via HootSuite
@JasonEscape I agree, Jason; our perspective changes as we do. #Journaling helps us reflect that. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
RT @JasonEscape: One thing that does change over time is perspective. #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:29pm via HootSuite
I gave up on chronological. Now i just write; anywhere, and everywhere.@JournalChat#JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
@AmosWonderHorse Welcome to #JournalChatLive for all things #Journaling. How may I address you?
JasonEscape3:28pm via TweetDeck
@iDoneThisChat I look forward to signing up to your site. It looks amazing. #JournalChat
iDoneThisChat3:28pm via web
@JasonEscape Nice. We're on the same wavelength. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
RT @iDoneThisChat: @DawnHerring To make it as easy as humanly possible to write down my day and then reflect on it #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:28pm via HootSuite
RT @iDoneThisChat: @DawnHerring To make it as easy as humanly possible to write down my day and then reflect on it #JournalChat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat Well, that's a terrific reason, Walter. Easy is simple too; #Journaling doesn't have to be complicated. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:27pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat Well, that's a terrific reason, Walter. Easy is simple too; #Journaling doesn't have to be complicated. #JournalChat
KimmieChevon3:27pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring Writing a success summary is a great idea. #journalchat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
RT @JasonEscape: @iDoneThisChat Journals not only have personal history but personal dreams and goals. Of course. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:27pm via HootSuite
RT @JasonEscape: @iDoneThisChat Journals not only have personal history but personal dreams and goals. Of course. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
Since I normally write chronologically, this approach gave me a greater awareness of my successes. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:26pm via HootSuite
Since I normally write chronologically, this approach gave me a greater awareness of my successes. #JournalChat #Journaling
iDoneThisChat3:26pm via web
@JasonEscape True that! It's important for me to reconcile earlier aspirations and predictions with where I am now #JournalChat
JasonEscape3:26pm via TweetDeck
One thing that does change over time is perspective. #JournalChat
JasonEscape3:25pm via TweetDeck
@iDoneThisChat One will look back and see how their dreams/projections for the future have turned out or have changed. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
I noticed a larger awareness of what I did get done as well as what I did not get done. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:25pm via HootSuite
I noticed a larger awareness of what I did get done as well as what I did not get done. #Journaling#JournalChat
AmosWonderHorse3:24pm via TweetChat
Hello. Just checking to see what this chat is about.#journalchat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
I actually tried a different approach in my#Journaling last night; wrote a success summary of my accomplishments for the day. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:24pm via HootSuite
I actually tried a different approach in my#Journaling last night; wrote a success summary of my accomplishments for the day. #JournalChat
iDoneThisChat3:23pm via TweetDeck
RT @JasonEscape: @iDoneThisChat Journals not only have personal history but personal dreams and goals. Of course. :) #JournalChat
iDoneThisChat3:22pm via web
@DawnHerring To make it as easy as humanly possible to write down my day and then reflect on it#JournalChat
JasonEscape3:22pm via TweetDeck
@iDoneThisChat Journals not only have personal history but personal dreams and goals. Of course. :) #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:22pm via HootSuite
Love it! @JournalChat: Walter, can you tell us how you came up with the idea of iDoneThis. What was your goal? #JournalChat #Journaling
iDoneThisChat3:20pm via web
@JasonEscape hm, interesting. Could you say more? #JournalChat
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@LindaJoy Thanks for the RT, Linda. Welcome to#JournalChat Live. :)
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
Walter, can you tell us how you came up with the idea of iDoneThis. What was your goal?#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:19pm via HootSuite
Walter, can you tell us how you came up with the idea of iDoneThis. What was your goal?#JournalChat #Journaling
queen_elisheba3:18pm via HootSuite
I am really loving the simplicity of signing up, and the cleanliness of the site. @iDoneThisChat#JournalChat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
Walter, you mention how we ask ourselves: How did I get here? #Journaling certainly helps us see exactly that! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:17pm via HootSuite
Walter, you mention how we ask ourselves: How did I get here? #Journaling certainly helps us see exactly that! #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:17pm via HootSuite
oops, shoulda said I'm on android @iDoneThisChat: @me Thanks! Your wish is my command! idonethis.com/iphone #JournalChat
iDoneThisChat3:16pm via web
@queen_elisheba Awesome! Let me know how you like it. #JournalChat
JasonEscape3:15pm via TweetDeck
@iDoneThisChat I meant to reply to this tweet. Or personal fantasy. . #JournalChat
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat Yes indeed, it is; that's what I love about #Journaling ; I have my life history in written form. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:15pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat Yes indeed, it is; that's what I love about #Journaling ; I have my life history in written form. #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:15pm via HootSuite
signed up for @iDoneThisChat #JournalChat I'm going to try the email prompt, see how it goes
DawnHerring3:13pm via HootSuite
When we look at our past in our journals, we can learn from successes we have already experienced. #JournalChat #Journaling
iDoneThisChat3:13pm via web
@JournalChat Like they say about history: those who can't remember it are bound to repeat it. Journaling is personal history #JournalChat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is the perfect way to capture our past so we can learn from our experience and gain a fresh perspective. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:12pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is the perfect way to capture our past so we can learn from our experience and gain a fresh perspective. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
Walter, you also state: From the past, we learn about our present and future, gaining context and perspective. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:12pm via HootSuite
Walter, you also state: From the past, we learn about our present and future, gaining context and perspective. #JournalChat #Journaling
queen_elisheba3:11pm via HootSuite
love the email prompt! @iDoneThisChat would love to see this as a mobile app. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
@victorsachar Welcome back, Victor! Great to see you. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
@KimmieChevon Welcome back, Kimmie; good to see you! #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:10pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat would love to see this as a mobile app. #JournalChat
victorsachar3:09pm via web
Happy to be back with #Journalchat!
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
Walter, I love how you start your post with: You can’t know where you’re going without knowing where you’ve been. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:09pm via HootSuite
Walter, I love how you start your post with: You can’t know where you’re going without knowing where you’ve been. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:08pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Walter! It's great to have you w/us to chat about Your#Journaling: A Success Synopsis
DawnHerring3:08pm via HootSuite
@iDoneThisChat Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Walter! It's great to have you w/us to chat about Your#Journaling: A Success Synopsis
JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
@JasonEscape Welcome back, Jason; great to see you. :) #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:06pm via HootSuite
Hey all, i'm joining the #journalchat come on by!
JournalChat3:05pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Welcome back, Elizabeth! Great to see you. :) #JournalChat
iDoneThisChat3:05pm via web
Hello! Hanging out at #JournalChat. Happy to talk about my article (easyjournaling.com/2012/03/journa…) and all things journaling!
JournalChat3:04pm via HootSuite
Our topic for today is Your #Journaling: A Success Synopsis. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:04pm via HootSuite
Our topic for today is Your #Journaling: A Success Synopsis. #JournalChat
JasonEscape3:04pm via web
RT @RadioDisneyClub: Journalers everywhere! Join #JournalChat LIVE right now. My mom's the host and she's amazing. Just sayin'.#yesImaybebiased
JournalChat3:04pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9Guio Our resource is Journal for Proven Productivity by Walter Chen of @idonethis.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:04pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/9GubH Our resource is Journal for Proven Productivity by Walter Chen of @idonethis.#JournalChat #Journaling
RadioDisneyClub3:03pm via web
Journalers everywhere! Join #JournalChat LIVE right now. My mom's the host and she's amazing. Just sayin'. #yesImaybebiased
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
For those who follow me on @JournalChat and @DawnHerring accounts, there will be some double posting. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:03pm via HootSuite
For those who follow me on @JournalChat and @DawnHerring accounts, there will be some double posting. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite, ortweetchat.com to follow along;please use#JournalChat as your hashtag in your tweet.#Journaling
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite, ortweetchat.com to follow along;please use#JournalChat as your hashtag in your tweet.#Journaling
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years with 56 journals filled. I am passionate about #Journaling. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years with 56 journals filled. I am passionate about #Journaling. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment