Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring, home of Refresh Journal for a fresh perspective in all of life's dimensions! I'm so glad you stopped by to check out my new Journal and to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition. You're welcome to sign up for your personal copy of Refresh Journal which contains the my #JournalChat Favorited from #JournalChat Links Edition and the essential #JournalChat Choice of the month, which determines our topic for #JournalChat Live on the First Sunday** of each month at 4 EST/1 PST for all things journaling on Twitter. (**If the First Sunday coincides with a holiday, I will create an alternate date for the Twitter chat or I will post details that the discussion will take place on our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group.)

Also included each month are refreshing tips for your home, work, kids and yourself, plus music, The Artist column and other goodies.

Please feel free to leave a comment about what you love in Refresh Journal. Or send me a tip or answer to a question that I may showcase in a future issue!


Thanks for your interest and for subscribing!

Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

JournalWriter Freelance

Host of #JournalChat Live and Links Edition on Twitter

Thursday, April 19, 2012

#JournalChat Live 4/19/12 Topic: Your Journaling: Stress Busters! Part I



ninimpb3:33pm via Twittelator
@4Rms @JournalChat ...it loses its drama, its heat so I can be more objective about it. And usually more sensible. #journalchat
4Rms3:33pm via TweetChat
I do find that there's only a certain length of time I can go without writing before feeling off balance, more prone to stress #journalchat
JournalChat3:32pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Yes, life patterns...they have something to tell us if we'll pay attention. #JournalChat
journalinabox3:32pm via web
@4Rms Agreed - love the art expression of emotion #JournalChat
4Rms3:32pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I always mean to include more drawing/collage in my journals.Not as common a habit for me,but love it when I do it #journalchat
ninimpb3:32pm via Twittelator
@4Rms @JournalChat I find sometimes I might be upset about something, but once it's out there on the page,....#journalchat
4Rms3:31pm via TweetChat
@LorelieJ I love lists. They are so neat & tidy and yet can expose new insights so unexpectedly!#journalchat
4Rms3:30pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat art is so great at relieving emotional pressure;some people really enjoy other art forms as well.I use poetry most #journalchat
LorelieJ3:30pm via web
@JournalChat Similar to free-writing/dumping, I like to do a quick list of what's bugging me to get it out and move on. #journalchat
DawnHerring3:30pm via HootSuite
I'm a huge fan of this one since I love collage; I'm a visual person and an artist, and image speaks to me. #JournalChat #Journaling
journalinabox3:30pm via web
@4Rms @juliejordanscot Writing and then letting it go...Great advice! #JournalChat
4Rms3:29pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat @ninimpb having that view of your own life at a remove is really helpful in recognizing patterns & changing things #journalchat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
I love this approach, Melanie: "expressing your strong feelings artistically, in a poem or a sketch or a collage." #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:29pm via HootSuite
I love this approach, Melanie: "expressing your strong feelings artistically, in a poem or a sketch or a collage." #JournalChat #Journaling
4Rms3:28pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I think that "cause no harm" is a good rule in many areas of life, & applies to our writing as well #journalchat
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
@ninimpb I agree, Niamh. That's a great way to put it, "The Big Picture" #JournalChat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
@4Rms I think that's a brilliant way of getting rid of the stress without harm to anyone. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:27pm via HootSuite
@4Rms I think that's a brilliant way of getting rid of the stress without harm to anyone. #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Love this quote, Melanie! Yes, and#Journaling helps us write that life map, in all it's gold and beauty! :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:26pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Love this quote, Melanie! Yes, and#Journaling helps us write that life map, in all it's gold and beauty! :) #JournalChat
ninimpb3:26pm via Twittelator
@4Rms That's a lovely image. Journaling lays it all out in front of us so we can stand back and see the big picture. #journalchat
4Rms3:25pm via TweetChat
@mscator Love that quote... it's always an inspiration to me. #journalchat
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
@ninimpb Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Niamh! That's right! Write it out! :)
4Rms3:25pm via TweetChat
@juliejordanscot I say tell them off! Let off steam & still salvage a relationship/situation by writing & then letting it go #journalchat
DawnHerring3:24pm via HootSuite
@LorelieJ Thanks for the RT, Lorelie. Welcome to#JournalChat Live. :)
4Rms3:23pm via TweetChat
"Writing is a strong easement for perplexity. My life is a map, spread out with all the rivers and hills showing." Emily Carr #journalchat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Exactly. Just the act of expression and release of angst can do wonders in our#Journaling practice. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:23pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Exactly. Just the act of expression and release of angst can do wonders in our#Journaling practice. #JournalChat
LorelieJ3:23pm via web
RT @DawnHerring #JournalChat Pick of the Day for all things journaling on Twitter: 7 Ways to Turn Your Journal from... fb.me/CGbGeHTW
4Rms3:22pm via TweetChat
RT @DawnHerring: RT @mscator: Personal strength pours from heart to ink to paper.#journalchat
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Oh, indeed. That's what I love about#Journaling; it's a custom creation of our own hearts and lives. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:22pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Oh, indeed. That's what I love about#Journaling; it's a custom creation of our own hearts and lives. #JournalChat
4Rms3:21pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat exactly so- when we trust ourselves enough to write the truth & expose feelings/reactions we see our stressors#journalchat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
RT @mscator: Personal strength pours from heart to ink to paper. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:21pm via HootSuite
RT @mscator: Personal strength pours from heart to ink to paper. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
@juliejordanscot Yes, when we let it flow, just getting it down on the page, it's a great release. No blockage. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:21pm via HootSuite
@juliejordanscot Yes, when we let it flow, just getting it down on the page, it's a great release. No blockage. #JournalChat #Journaling
4Rms3:20pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat they say never send an email/letter when you're angry... but WRITING one can really relieve the pressure ;) #journalchat
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Sam! Good to see you! :)
4Rms3:19pm via TweetChat
@juliejordanscot I find that freewriting , an emotional "dump", when we trust our journal practice is such a stress buster #journalchat
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
That whole approach can really open up the pathways to our intuition and to our understanding of what stresses us. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:19pm via HootSuite
That whole approach can really open up the pathways to our intuition and to our understanding of what stresses us. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
Melanie, your first idea prompt is writing a letter to the stressor, whether to a person or situation. I love this. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:18pm via HootSuite
Melanie, your first idea prompt is writing a letter to the stressor, whether to a person or situation. I love this. #JournalChat #Journaling
4Rms3:18pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring The reason to #journal is accessible also: don't need arcane techniques. A journal is unique to the individual #journalchat
mscator3:17pm via TweetDeck
Personal strength pours from heart to ink to paper.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Writing gives perspective--Oh, yes! That's what I love about #Journaling; that fresh perspective! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:17pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Writing gives perspective--Oh, yes! That's what I love about #Journaling; that fresh perspective! #JournalChat
juliejordanscot3:17pm via web
@4Rms @DawnHerring When I don't attempt to control my writing is when the best words flow & naturally, the stress lessens. #journalchat
4Rms3:16pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring ....experiencing then stress will lessen. Writing gives perspective. #journalchat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
@4Rms I like the idea of #Journaling as instinctive. Gives us the ability to hear the inner wisdom we all have. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:16pm via HootSuite
@4Rms I like the idea of #Journaling as instinctive. Gives us the ability to hear the inner wisdom we all have. #JournalChat
mscator3:15pm via TweetDeck
#Journaling re-centers me & helps me to hear my own voice again. v/ @4Rms #journalchat #creativity
4Rms3:15pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring perfect description: I want people to trust their intuition. When you feel you have some power over what you're... #journalchat
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Yes, #Journaling is simple, not complicated. It can be for everyone. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:15pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Yes, #Journaling is simple, not complicated. It can be for everyone. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
RT @4Rms: I believe that #journaling is a quick antidote to stress: it re-centres me and helps me to hear my own voice again. #journalchat
DawnHerring3:14pm via HootSuite
RT @4Rms: I believe that #journaling is a quick antidote to stress: it re-centres me and helps me to hear my own voice again. #journalchat
4Rms3:14pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat @mscator agreed! good to see you here #journalchat
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Oh, I love that, hearing your own voice. I like to call that my intuitive voice. Excellent reason to journal! #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:14pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Oh, I love that, hearing your own voice. I like to call that my intuitive voice. Excellent reason to journal! #JournalChat #Journaling
4Rms3:14pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Sure.Anyone can find a blank notebook & nearly everyone can write down their thoughts.So, the tools are accessible #journalchat
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
@mscator That's a great perspective to have, Leia.#JournalChat
4Rms3:13pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat and I love to give people ideas about how to make approaching your journal a little easier or more instinctive #journalchat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
I like what you say: "#Journaling is an accessible and highly effective stress relief tool." Can you share more on that? #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:12pm via HootSuite
I like what you say: "#Journaling is an accessible and highly effective stress relief tool." Can you share more on that? #JournalChat
4Rms3:12pm via TweetChat
I believe that #journaling is a quick antidote to stress: it re-centres me and helps me to hear my own voice again. #journalchat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Sounds like great synchronization, Melanie. I just love the wide range of prompts you share. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:12pm via HootSuite
@4Rms Sounds like great synchronization, Melanie. I just love the wide range of prompts you share. #Journaling #JournalChat
mscator3:11pm via TweetDeck
The bad days make the good days that much more magical. Aloha nui all. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
@mscator Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Leia; always good to see you; sorry you've had a rough day.
4Rms3:10pm via TweetChat
...and then realized it was National Stress Month and it all came together to create a post about writing for health as well #journalchat
mscator3:09pm via TweetDeck
What a heartbreaking day. Damn it. Going to find comfort at #JournalChat
4Rms3:09pm via TweetChat
I've been really busy with my day job and running my business lately & thinking about how reading is a healthy practice... #journalchat
JournalChat3:08pm via HootSuite
Melanie, you provide quite a list of #Journalingprompts to help reduce stress. What prompted you to write this post? #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:08pm via HootSuite
Melanie, you provide quite a list of #Journalingprompts to help reduce stress. What prompted you to write this post? #JournalChat
4Rms3:07pm via TweetChat
@juliejordanscot thanks! nice to "see" you here today #journalchat
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
We all have stress of some sort or another in our lives. Today we will discuss how to use our journals to deal with stress. #JournalChat
4Rms3:06pm via TweetChat
Thanks, Dawn! Glad to be here and looking forward to hearing other #journalers experience of stress relief through writing #journalchat
DawnHerring3:06pm via HootSuite
We all have stress of some sort or another in our lives. Today we will discuss how to use our journals to deal with stress. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:05pm via HootSuite
@4Rms It's great to have you with us on#JournalChat Live today, Melanie! Welcome! :)#Journaling
JournalChat3:04pm via HootSuite
Our resource is Stress! by Melanie Kindrachuk who joins us 2day to discussYour #Journaling:Stress Busters! ow.ly/aoCcw #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:04pm via HootSuite
Our resource is Stress! by Melanie Kindrachuk who joins us 2day to discussYour #Journaling:Stress Busters! ow.ly/aoC6R #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
If you follow me on @DawnHerring and @JournalChat; there will be some double postings.#Journaling #JournalChat
4Rms3:01pm via TweetChat
Hello Dawn! And everyone else.... glad to be here today #journalchat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite ortweetchat.com to follow along; Please use the#JournalChat hashtag in your tweet! #Journaling
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite ortweetchat.com to follow along; Please use the#JournalChat hashtag in your tweet! #Journaling
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years. I am passionate about#Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years. I am passionate about#Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment