Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Friday, September 5, 2014

#JournalChat Live Facebook Group Event: Part VII Day Three of Your Journaling: Just Say Yes! with Special Guests, Sue Ekins, Beth Terrence and Jennifer Morris


Sue Ekins shares: We do better if we take care of ourselves so we can be role models in the world, too. That reminds me of what a "Woman Making Strides" is as I define it. "A woman who makes strides appreciates being alive and takes active steps to care for her body, mind, and spirit. She accepts challenges along her path and uses her God-given talents to better the world."
Awesome stuff, Sue!
7
LikeLike ·  · 
  • Sue Ekins Thanks, Dawn.
  • Dawn Herring It's my pleasure! 
  • Carrie Aulenbacher It's never a bad thing to take time out and re-write to yourself that all this inside is God-given. No matter what it is, how big or small, it should be recognized and appreciated!
  • Sue Ekins Keeps us humble, too! 
  • Dawn Herring That's part of what I mean about Appreciating Who You Are and Honoring Your Preferences. Journaling is perfect for that.
  • Jen Mor Love this! And I especially love the point about how we are better in the world if we take care of ourselves. I think so often people see self-care as indulgent or a luxury. But in reality, if we want to make a positive contribution to the world, we have to put ourselves first and look after us, so that we are the best versions of ourselves. That way we can be positive role models and help others too. We can't do that if we don't look after ourselves.
  • Dawn Herring I couldn't agree more, Jen. That's why I recommend authentic refreshment daily. It truly does make a difference, and the world will appreciate that difference!
  • Carrie Aulenbacher Nobody's going to care about every little teeny weenie thing going on in my head as much as me. If I don't care to take care of me, who would? I'm always so drawn to those who take care of themselves because it shows me that they want to be authentic enough to take care of others!
  • Dawn Herring I am drawn to folks who focus on self care as well, Carrie. Nurture and self care are so essential. If we don't do this for ourselves, we won't be in much of a position to make that positive change we long for. That support for ourselves is imperative.
  • Sue Ekins One of my next steps on that path will be to join an Artist's Way group. I need that support in making more lifestyle changes toward that of a writer.
  • Dawn Herring So you already know what path to take, Sue. I trust it will be enjoyable. It can really make a difference when others are on that path with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment