Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Friday, September 5, 2014

#JournalChat Live Facebook Group Event: Part X Day Three of Your Journaling: Just Say Yes! with Special Guests, Sue Ekins, Beth Terrence and Jennifer Morris


What other resources do you use to help you take action toward more positive change in your life? One that I've found is Begin with Yes.
LikeLike ·  · 
  • Dawn Herring I think connecting with other artists helps me to stay in my painting game and get back to my art journal when I haven't played in there for a while. Which helps me listen to Who I am and recognize where I need to make positive change.
  • Sue Ekins You're right, Dawn. Those support groups are all important.
  • Carrie Aulenbacher Although I find it hard, one step beyond writing down a new goal in my journal is to tell a trusted friend. It's one thing if I tell myself something and then never follow through. It's another thing if I have that accountability out there - they'll be first to come back and say "How's that going?" and I want to be sure to have a good answer in reply!
  • Dawn Herring One of my favorite resource people is Jani Franck of The Bubbling Well; she hosts a fabulous creative group and also offers tips on the business of art.
  • Dawn Herring Great to hear from you, Carrie. It is important to have folks' support. I get support from my immediate family members. They are my sounding board!
  • Sue Ekins Carrie Aulenbacher I cringe sometimes when someone asks me "How's that writing going?" but it makes me get going again. lol You're right--accountability is important.
  • Carrie Aulenbacher Maybe not even being 100% vulnerable to someone, but just to put it out there to someone you know won't humiliate you so that it's on their mind that you said you were going to make some kind of change. Someone who might, in passing later say, "How's that going?" This helps me because I don't want to let myself down...but I don't want to let them down either! How will it look if I don't follow through with my word? Then it will seem like I can't be trusted.
  • Carrie Aulenbacher On the flip side, don't go announcing things to people when you KNOW you have set yourself up against TOO big a change. That will just make you too guilty if you can't follow through. Baby steps help build confidence; I think that's an important thing to remember.
  • Dawn Herring I think it's important to be careful who you share with. You will know if that person is right for you. It takes discernment. What kind of track record do they have? And yes, when it's a bigger dream or change, sometimes it's wise to keep most of it in your journal until you have smaller steps in mind.
  • Sue Ekins @Carrie what you're saying seems like a good way to develop integrity with ourselves. Maybe someday when I say I want to do something, I will simply do it. That's something to work towards. Meanwhile, I'll keep those accountability partners.
  • Jen Mor Journaling and blogging have been the best tools for me. Journaling is good because it's a daily check-in with myself, and you can only lie to yourself for so long. And blogging has been really good, because now that I have followers I feel sort of like I can't let them down and I don't want to go back on my word. That's been great.
  • Carrie Aulenbacher Yes, when all else fails, I have to be able to go back and read that old journal entry. Then, it's staring me in the face. And I know that the responsibility to change was mine and I did or didn't do it. yes, Jen Mor exactly!!
  • Dawn Herring We are responsible for the positive change we want to create; we're the only ones who can do it. No one else can do it for you...reminds me of the song, Unwritten, I just heard yesterday!
  • Dawn Herring I love your blog, Jen. The realness of it inspires me to keep coming back. I'm glad you share your entries here on the group. 
  • Sue Ekins Another great blog for making change in our lives ishttp://martinamcgowan.com/.
    martinamcgowan.com
    Affirmation: Because I accept my shortcomings, I can turn them into something be...See More
  • Beth Shekinah Terrence I had mentioned Cheri Huber yesterday. I have found many of her books helpful but Making Change For Good: 30 Days of Compassionate Self-Discipline offers a great container for exploring any change.http://www.amazon.com/Making-Change-Good.../dp/1590302087
  • Dawn Herring Thanks for the link, Beth. I'll check it out. 
  • Pauline Harris I enjoy reading emails from Mike and Andy Dooley along with reading their books. SARK's books and blog and...and have been an inspiration to me as well. Begin with Yes is wonderful. Dr. Wayne Dyer among others have influenced me in some way. The key is to incorporate what works for you into your life and to allow the flow.
    20 hrs · Like · 1

No comments:

Post a Comment