Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Friday, September 5, 2014

#JournalChat Live Facebook Group Event: Part V Day Three of Your Journaling: Just Say Yes! with Special Guests, Sue Ekins, Beth Terrence and Jennifer Morris


Sue shares: It's especially important to ask that question "Why DON'T I want to do this?" when we've been facing resistance for a long time. I journaled recently about Why I want to write a book and Why I don't want to write a book and was shocked to see my reasons for NOT writing a book were more numerous! Anyway, now I see what issues I need to work on. And I can see why I haven't been working on the book, too!
5
LikeLike ·  · 
  • Mary Ann Gullo likes this.
  • Jen Mor This is a really good point: why DON'T I want to do this? I think sometimes by simply facing the resistance we start to take its power away. If we leave it as an abstract feeling it seems more powerful, but writing out in black and white the reasons we can often see that they don't mean much
  • Jill Winski So true, Jen Mor. I notice the more "vague" I am about any resistance I'm feeling, the bigger and scarier it becomes. Helps to get specific about it -- that really tends to shrink it!
  • Dawn Herring I think this is so true; activating awareness in our journals of what we are feeling resistance with is half the battle solved. It takes courage to go deeper and recognize what is holding us back. But we can do it!
  • Princess Poetry I think if we separated every I DO and I DON'T in our lives, half the puzzle would be solved right there. There wouldn't be very many unanswered questions if any.
  • Carrie Aulenbacher A lot of times, the answer is "I don't think I'll be any good at it." But we'll never know how good we MIGHT be if we NEVER try! Just gotta take that step out there in faith sometimes...even if just a little step.
  • Dawn Herring I do and I don't is a great strategy; I may just try that when making my nest choice and see what comes up. It parallels with why and why not.
  • Sue Ekins Ahh, thanks, Carrie Aulenbacher.That helps clarify and it's inspiring to be reminded to step out in faith.
  • Dawn Herring I love that, Carrie. Again it takes courage to make positive change, especially if you feel doubtful about your abilities. A Trusted friend can help in that department too; validation is key.
  • Carrie Aulenbacher Then I can't lie about setting that goal for myself. I have to be able to look a trusted friend in the eye and say, "I gave up on that because I thought I wasn't going to be good enough." And just see what a really good and trusted friend has to say in answer to that! Hopefully, everyone has someone they can be totally open and honest with out there!
  • Jill Winski Such a great point, Carrie -- I think it's key to have someone we really trust who we can tell our truth to and who we know will not judge us for it or "should" on us. 
  • Dawn Herring All it takes is one solid trusting friend. Blessed if you have one!
  • Sue Ekins Wow, Carrie Aulenbacher! I have a few friends like that but I sure don't see them often enough!
  • Dawn Herring I believe Julia Cameron calls such folks Believing Mirrors. True gifts indeed!
  • Jill Winski Love that term, "believing mirrors." We do need those.
  • Carrie Aulenbacher Just as important as keeping in touch with ourselves in our journals is to keep reaching out to those whom we don't see often enough. Life is so short - that time is so precious! We will have these pages and pens forever, but those people are priceless and will not be here forever.
  • Dawn Herring We can use our journals to determine who to spend time with and then make that time. That's an important positive change! And time with ourselves. 
  • Sue Ekins I saw a cartoon about how going out with a friend is all the therapy we need sometimes. True! (And our journals of course.)
  • Dawn Herring Then there's the idea of sharing time with a friend who also keeps a journal! That would be powerful stuff.
  • Carrie Aulenbacher Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone else in my circles journals. It would be an awesome thing to share...just the concept. Yet, I cherish that all my friends are different. The world would be boring if everyone were like me!
  • Dawn Herring I find myself asking folks in person if they keep a journal. Some do, but many don't. So I totally get that, Carrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment