Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#JournalChat Live Facebook Event with Special Guests, Naomi Arnold, Vicki Taylor and Rafraz Davis; Your Journaling: Life Intentions (Align Yourself) (Day One) Part V


I'm curious: Dawn mentioned aligning ourselves with our journaling practice to get this New Year off to a great start. Has anyone done anything specific for the New Year via your journaling? I was in Houston for a wedding and haven't even thought about the New Year yet.
Like ·  · 
  • Seen by 22
  • Dawn Herring I journaled about my 2014 and that helped me determine what I needed to take action on in 2015 which I am already doing. I think nurturing and caring for ourselves should be automatically a priority, journaling how we do it each day.
    22 hrs · Like · 4
  • Naomi Arnold Excellent question Sue! Like Dawn, I too journaled about my 2014. I focussed on my successes, wins, celebrations - things that I could pat myself on the back for. Not necessarily things I'd achieved on the outer world - but things I'd achieved inwards too. Lessons I'd learnt that I'd like to carry forward. Experiences I'd had that had impacted on me. Then I reflected on how I wanted to FEEL in 2015. What my life would look like if I felt that way, what types of things I would be doing, what support I'd need, envisioning my 2015. Then I had a good old 'dreamstorm' (a brainstorm of dreams for 2015). Big dreams, small dreams, and all dreams in between. 
    21 hrs · Edited · Unlike · 5
  • Dawn Herring Wow, truly engaging and insightful, Naomi. LOVE THIS.
    21 hrs · Like · 2
  • Sue Ekins Wow to both of your ways of approaching this, Dawn Herring andNaomi Arnold! Naomi, did you take a mini-retreat to do this? Sounds like it could take awhile but would be worthwhile.
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Naomi Arnold Thank you Dawn - and thank you for giving me a platform to share about journaling and how much of an impact it has had on my life, on my client's lives, and on all fellow journaller's life! This whole experience of discussing journalling just gives me goosebumps - so exciting and inspiring!
    21 hrs · Unlike · 4
  • Dawn Herring I'm thrilled to have found you, Naomi. Great synchronization! And connection!
    21 hrs · Edited · Like · 3
  • Susan Wilson I have an annual practice of using the first entry of the New Year to compile a list of 'intentions', where I gather together all the hints and nudges found in the journal entries I've made in December. Even though I don't start consciously thinking about intentions until January, that still, small voice starts whispering them to me over the last weeks of the year just gone.
    21 hrs · Unlike · 4
  • Dawn Herring What a perfect word, Intention; happens to be our topic! I love the idea of being intentional as we journal; we're not just messing around; we want to create positive change with what we discover which makes life even better.
    21 hrs · Like · 5
  • Naomi Arnold My goodness Sue, I wish I'd taken a mini retreat! But no, I put aside a little bit of time each day to do it. Mostly after work, once my 15 month old had gone to bed. I would make myself a cup of tea, light a beautifully scented candle, and allowed myself to not be perfect, to use what time I had to self explore and dream, and to know that the time I had and what came out was what was meant to be. But goodness me, a mini retreat on this would be PERFECT. Perhaps we should run one one day huh!!!?
    21 hrs · Unlike · 4
  • Dawn Herring Sounds like a wonderful idea, Naomi
    21 hrs · Like · 2
  • Naomi Arnold So glad you mentioned this Susan, going back through our journals and identifying 'hints and nudges' is a powerful tool, especially for intention setting, and for becoming more aligned to our inner self.
    21 hrs · Unlike · 4
  • Edita Pariente Naomi Arnold such a great idea about mini retreat! We should try to incorporate one in a LIVE CHAT session. Not sure how that would work. Perhaps we can journal about it.
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Sue Ekins I've taken mini-retreats where I journal at home part of the time; go to a coffee shop part of the time; and pop into the chapel at my church. Even setting aside a couple of hours can be fabulous. Maybe I'll write a blog post about this some time.
    21 hrs · Unlike · 4
  • Edita Pariente Have anyone notice how your journal can quickly turn into a prayer journal or spiritual journal? It always amazes me. I come right back to a prayer or desire that is deep in my heart.
    21 hrs · Like · 2
  • Naomi Arnold Oh Sue, if you end up writing a blog post about it, please share - I'd love to read it.
    21 hrs · Like · 2
  • Dawn Herring Oh, do, Sue! I will share it for sure! 
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Naomi Arnold Great idea Edita! Another benefit to add to the list about journalling - just talking about it and the benefits, sparks new inspiration and ideas   
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Edita Pariente Yes Sue Ekins please share with us! I would love to read and follow
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Sue Ekins Sounds like a good thing to do this time of year! I think I'll take my own mini-retreat again and then write about it.
    21 hrs · Unlike · 3
  • Naomi Arnold Yay! Looking forward to reading it Sue 
    21 hrs · Like
  • Edita Pariente let's all give a journal prompt for us to journal to in our own mini retreat. How about. What would you most want to accomplish in your lifetime before you are called home?
    21 hrs · Like · 3
  • Dawn Herring That's a good one, Edita. How about, What is the most empowering action you can take right now to make a long held dream come true?
    21 hrs · Like · 3
  • Edita Pariente beautifully written Dawn Herring
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Sue Ekins That's an awesome prompt, Edita Pariente. Such an important thing to think about.
    21 hrs · Like · 2
  • Dawn Herring Glad you like it, Edita
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Sue Ekins Yours too, Dawn Herring!
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Naomi Arnold What great prompts. I love to come back to feelings and how we want to feel - we can learn so much from this. So how about, "How do I want to feel? What would my life look like when I feel that way? What would I do and not do? Who would I be and not be?"
    21 hrs · Unlike · 2
  • Dawn Herring Love this succession of questions, Naomi. What a great mix of prompts we are all sharing. 
    21 hrs · Like · 3
  • Dawn Herring I think using our imagination as we journal...like visualizing being there where we want to be, can help us get into that feeling you're talking about, Naomi.
    21 hrs · Like · 5
  • Sue Ekins All great questions for our mini-retreats!
    21 hrs · Unlike · 3
  • Naomi Arnold Thanks Dawn, yes visualising where we want to be can often inspire us to continue to move toward it. We sometimes come up with dreams and goals, leap into our plans for achieving them, and then get distracted when the busyness of life gets in the way. Really feeling into where we want to be and what it looks like can be a great tool for setting a foundation around our intentions. Journalling is a great platform for doing this.
    21 hrs · Unlike · 2
  • Edita Pariente Also Naomi I find it makes us also be a bit more patient with ourselves as we journal through our feelings. Whether we feel lost or sadness or unhappy. It is okay! Feelings are okay but it is what we do with those feelings that determines our actions or behaviors.
    21 hrs · Unlike · 4
  • Naomi Arnold Very true Edita - it brings an air of authenticity to it. It can make us more accepting of ourselves and more connected to where we are at. It is so important to not always wallow in those negative feelings for too long though isn't it - to acknowledge...See More
    21 hrs · Unlike · 1
I love what Vicki says: "Showing Gratitude:
Studies have been known to show that that feeling and expressing gratitude in your journal format can improve your personal satisfaction with life."
We can certainly showcase what our blessings are each day--where we rocked something we did, or saw something that inspired us, or had a great connection with another!
9
Unlike ·  · 

No comments:

Post a Comment