Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#JournalChat Live Facebook Event with Special Guests, Naomi Arnold, Vicki Taylor and Rafraz Davis; Your Journaling: Life Intentions (Align Yourself) (Day One) Part II


One of the ways I use my journaling practice to align myself is by listening carefully to my intuition, giving my intuitive voice a place to be heard. This works for any dimension of my life, whether artistic, communicative, familial or community based.
3
Like ·  · 



I think one of the biggest challenges in journaling to know myself better and stayed aligned with Who I am is meeting up with necessary change in my self discovery, whatever that change may look like. Staying Aligned takes courage.
4
Like ·  · 
  • Brenda Thompson and 2 others like this.
  • Naomi Arnold Oh yes, giving ourself permission to acknowledge and move with change is so important. In order to do this in our journal practice, we need to be truly open to self-exploration don't we - to self-expression, to honesty, to uncovering some uncomfortable thoughts, to asking ourselves questions to dig deeper into them, to just writing what comes out uncensored, to going with the flow of what comes out and what lessons we can take from it. To know that it's not always going to be "peaches and cream", but by getting to know ourselves more, we will experience more "peaches and cream" moments.
    22 hrs · Unlike · 2
  • Dawn Herring Going with the flow of what comes out of our journaling pen is so important; not be resistant but open to what we discover! It's all good. 
    22 hrs · Like · 2
  • Brenda Thompson U r so right about journaling helping to know ourselves, express ourselves & experience peaches & creams moments. I get a great sense of accomplishment at days end by seeing if only for myself, how I feel/my accomplishments.
    22 hrs · Unlike · 2
  • Naomi Arnold Oh yes, and letting go of resistance often gives us the space to make new discoveries and to see potentialities we may have missed before.
    22 hrs · Like
  • Sue Ekins It can be tough to take an honest look at ourselves, and some people are not willing to do it. But I think it's so important in leading an intentional life.
    22 hrs · Like · 2
  • Dawn Herring Thrilled for you, Brenda, with those peaches and cream moments; I experience those as well, and they are so awesome, well worth time invested. WE ARE WORTH IT!
    22 hrs · Like · 2
  • Brenda Thompson Do u find going w/your flow distracts u r do u just keep going. It's just for us to see anyway!
    22 hrs · Like
  • Sue Ekins I like going with my flow, Brenda, although I DO get concerned about people viewing my posts someday.
    22 hrs · Like
  • Brenda Thompson It takes me awhile to not veer off "my time" & not let those distractions stop my train of thought.
    22 hrs · Like
  • Dawn Herring Going with the flow of my journaling always works for me. There's no wrong way..unless you're beating yourself up in the process. We call for gentle awareness that Honors Who We Are.
    22 hrs · Like · 2
  • Brenda Thompson Haha, I've thought about that too Sue.
    22 hrs · Like
  • Dawn Herring Brenda, Keep a separate notepad nearby for to do's that pop up that you need that distract you. That's what I do and it helps.
    22 hrs · Edited · Like · 2
  • Sue Ekins Since I use the computer, sometimes I bold or highlight a distraction that I need to get back to later.
    22 hrs · Like · 1
  • Brenda Thompson Great thought Dawn also the awareness of honor to ourselves.
    22 hrs · Like
  • Dawn Herring Great tech idea, Sue!
    22 hrs · Like · 2
  • Sue Ekins Actually when I handwrite I often put a star or arrow in the margin for those things I need to get back to.
    22 hrs · Unlike · 2
  • Dawn Herring I star the good stuff in my evening entry; stars are great, aren't they?
    22 hrs · Like · 2
  • Naomi Arnold I also star, and then afterwards add to my planner with my to do list. Love these tips!!
    22 hrs · Unlike · 3
  • Brenda Thompson Got called away, one of those distractions, lol. Enjoyed chatting, thanks for the tips, have a good evening everyone!
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Naomi Arnold Good night Brenda, lovely chatting.
    21 hrs · Like · 1
  • Dawn Herring Thanks for joining us, Brenda. Enjoy! 
    21 hrs · Like · 1


No comments:

Post a Comment