Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, January 8, 2015

#JournalChat Live Facebook Group Event with special guests, Naomi Arnold, Vicki Taylor and Rafranz Davis; Your Journaling: Life Intentions (Align Your Day) Part III


Once we get our self care in order, then we can start getting creative in our journals about what we want to do for something we love and care about...another great prompt from Naomi's article. 
I find great joy and satisfaction when I do something for grandboy or hubby that makes them happy or laugh or something good. I like the idea of planning for this too.
8
Like ·  · 
  • 2 people like this.
  • Naomi Arnold Thanks Dawn. I love including this in my journal - it makes me more mindful of what I can do to make a loved one's day better. I also love throwing random acts of kindness in there to total strangers, or to friends or clients. It's such a beautiful and mindful way of giving back to the world in a small way.
    19 hrs · Unlike · 1
  • Naomi Arnold It doesn't have to be something big either. For example, you might decide you're going to make your partner his fave meal. You might take your child out to his fave park. You might leave a lotto ticket under a stranger's windscreen. You might send a fr...See More
    19 hrs · Like
  • Dawn Herring I love this, Naomi. And once you get rolling, more ideas will present themselves. 
    19 hrs · Like · 1
  • Naomi Arnold Definitely, Dawn!
    19 hrs · Like
  • To Jumpstart our journaling discussion and get this journaling party started, I've got some discussion questions to ponder and folks are welcome to answer in the comments below.
    Since Vicki talks a lot about the inner workings of journaling and how we can get to know ourselves better through it, here are some questions to help us move forward with Aligning with Ourselves:
    How can we go deeper in knowing Who We Are through our journaling practice? What Challenges do we sometimes face in the process? How can we stay aligned with Who We Are more easily through journaling?
    9 (1/7)
    Unlike ·  · 
    • You and Susan Wilson like this.
    • Vicki M. Taylor Follow the w questions. Who what. Why. When. Where. What. Answer them with no shame or discourse
      20 hrs · Like · 1
    • Naomi Arnold Ohhh the powerful W questions. They're a winner every time aren't they Vicki!?
      20 hrs · Like
    • Vicki M. Taylor Absolutely, Naomi. And if answered truthfully can bring great power
      19 hrs · Like · 1
    • Dawn Herring Ooh, I love the word "power." Journaling to me is self empowering, but in a good way; it helps us discover more of Who We Are so we can feel confident to make our meaningful mark in the world. I love the one word questions. Helps us stay focused and go deeper.
      19 hrs · Like · 1
    • Naomi Arnold I love this too. And I love how you've mentioned confidence,Dawn. I honestly think that is the biggest change in myself that I saw as a result of journaling - by being more in tune with myself and exploring myself further, I've become so much more confident in myself, my uniqueness, and what I have to offer. Journaling is certainly a powerful psychological resource to have in your toolkit. Ohhhh I'm getting pumped and excited again!   
      19 hrs · Unlike · 1
    • Vicki M. Taylor We have the power. We are power.
      19 hrs · Like · 1
    • Dawn Herring Oooh, love it, Vicki! *got goosebumps* 
      19 hrs · Like
    • Dawn Herring Naomi, I totally get you; my journaling practice helped me gain back my personal power when I was unaware that it existed. And now it makes all the difference in knowing when I do have and when I don't. And once I know I don't, I get on the authentic path that leads me back to it! ASAP.
      19 hrs · Like · 1
    • Vicki M. Taylor Dr Pennebaker wrote a book titled "Opening Up - The Healing Power of Expressing Emotions,". Excellent book for Journaling.
      19 hrs · Unlike · 2
    • Naomi Arnold Love that too Vicki, and I'd personally like to add "We can let go of the power." Sometimes, personally, I feel like letting go is super important too - depending on the context of course!!! (And the paradox is, letting go is an act of power in itself).
      19 hrs · Like
    • Dawn Herring Thanks for the tip, Vicki. Will check it out. 
      19 hrs · Like
    • Naomi Arnold Beautiful Dawn, so beautiful. I especially love the part about when you realise the I don'ts that you start to map a path for how they can turn into I dos. (Forgive the bad grammar and my continuous use of Aussie spelling hehe)
      19 hrs · Like
    • Vicki M. Taylor Naomi. You r so right. We don't always have to have the power to maintain
      19 hrs · Like · 1
    • Naomi Arnold Will have to check that out Vicki, thanks for the details!
      19 hrs · Like · 1
    • Dawn Herring When it comes to personal power, I think Journaling has helped me to see what it really means and how what that looks like for me. It's not an abuse of power but more like having boundaries and confidence to move in the right direction, honoring yourself as you are created and meant to be authentically.
      19 hrs · Like · 1
    • Naomi Arnold I love that you've mentioned boundaries here too Dawn. Another big topic on so many levels - and something else that we can explore deeply in our journal practices. "Having boundaries and confidence to move in the right direction..." Love, Love, Love.
      19 hrs · Unlike · 1
    • Dawn Herring It can be difficult to know what boundaries are necessary and healthy for us to keep. We all need them, it's just a matter of knowing what they are and their purpose to help us stay aligned with our day!
      19 hrs · Like · 2
    • Vicki M. Taylor Boundaries are very personal. Each person should think long and hard about where they set their Boundaries and stick to them
      19 hrs · Unlike · 1
    • Dawn Herring I agree, Vicki, wholly.

I'm so glad Naomi included movement in her article...how about a walk around the block or a bike ride or some Tai Chi...Journaling how we want to take care of ourselves physically is so essential for our well being. Then we can use our journals to hold ourselves accountable, but not to beat ourselves up, just to simply say, now did I go for that walk I wanted to take??
9
Like ·  · 
  • Sue Ekins and 2 others like this.
  • Naomi Arnold Ohhh yessss. Journaling is an excellent way to explore movement and how it makes us feel. There are so many "rules" and fads when it comes to exercise - but I'm a huge believer that we are all so very different and our bodies and mindsets react differe...See More
    19 hrs · Unlike · 2
  • Dawn Herring Well said, Naomi. Our unique self...it's just another way to Honor Who We Are and take care of ourselves at the same time. and journaling helps us stay consistent. 
    19 hrs · Like · 2
  • Naomi Arnold Exactly Dawn 


No comments:

Post a Comment